Ok, first things first. I am a complete noob when it comes to mills and stuff. I'm a computer guy personally but I can't figure this out. This is my uncle's Anilam Eagle Mill - 750 w/ Anilam 1400 controller.

He just got it a few months ago and we have been sorting out the problems. At first when he would be messing with it and go to Edit a program, it would freeze and he would need to restart the machine completely. So we switched out the computers and it seemed to disappear, but it didn't completely. Now it will RANDOMLY lock up on him when he goes to edit a program.

I am almost positive it isn't heat related because there is plenty of ventilation in the cabinet and it doesn't happen after a certain amount of time running, it's always random.

It will only happen once he goes to edit a program that he is running, but like I said it doesn't always happen and there isn't a set sequence that sets it off. So it doesn't appear to be software related.

Could it be the motion control boards or something?

Thanks for all of the help and if this is in the wrong section please direct me to the proper one. There are way too many subforums and it confuses the crap out of me. Haha

Also he had another quick question. He said that the continuous cutter path code (G64) should execute on this controller but it doesn't. Nothing happens when he enters it. Any hints as to why?

Thanks again!