587,414 active members*
3,226 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

PC to Anilam 1400 Setup

We are trying to connect one Anilam 1400 to a single PC (have POWERPAK Xpert on the PC) to transfer programs. I have hooked up a loopback connector and used it on the PC and the Anilam 1400 and it looks like each is working. When we use a DB9 NULL Modem cable between the two we cannot get the data transfer to work. The only pins on the DB9 connector of the Mill are 2,3 and 5. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    NW

PC to Anilam 1400 Setup

I have an Anilam Crusader 2 with RS232.

First you need to test the RS232 - to make sure it is hooked up and working on the Anilam. This is done by making a DB25 loopback connector with Pins 2-3 and Pins 6-20 connected. Next you would issue the Anilam's RS232 Test procedure: [E-stop In][E-stop Out][Manual][Aux]2740[start]
    This test should return a zero (0) in the read out area. If it returns a 38 or a 39 - you have a board or software problem.

Next - I didn't need to use a Null Modem - but you may have to depending on whether your PC comm port has pin 2/3 configured as send/receive or what.... Try it without the null modem at first.

Next you can use Hyperterminal -but an easier to use program is DNCSoftware by http://www.dncSoftware.net

Configure the ports on Anilam and PC for an initial 2400 baud, 7 bits, 1 (odd Parity), xon/xoff

Anilam: (Input this as a program and auto/start run it)
    [manual][aux]2768[start]
    [manual][aux]2771[start]
    [manual][aux]2786[start]
    [manual][aux]2791[start]

PC:
    Set this up via Windows/Control Panel/Hardware/Com Ports (and reboot computer).

PC DNC Software:
    set to same.

Try sending a file from the Anilam to the PC:
    [manual][aux]2700[start]

Make sure your cables are firmly attached to the Anilam console...
    IF this works - downloading from PC to Anilam is a similar process.

Hope this helps - and - Good luck!

Joe Comunale

anilam

Hello Joe,

would those codes work for an 1100 anilam

Thanx

Joe Galarza

PC to Anilam 1400 Setup

Hi Joe,

I really don't know if they would work or not on the 1100. I would say to try it. Then uses something like HyperTerminal or something to see if it works.

Good luck!

Joe

I tried but there is no place to put them in (no aux button)

thanx