Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
the mx has 3 drivers and a top board that they connect to . The top board works as a breakout board ,, this is the one that keeps blowing .
I could gut the mill and add all new drivers and all that fun stuff but it's more trouble than it's worth and defeats the purpose of turnkey . I'd probably scrap it and replace it before it comes to that .
The drivers themselves aren't the problem , and blowing them is only a sign there is a problem elsewhere . I've only blown a few drives in the time I've had these mills which I think is pretty good for the amount of use they get . I've blown an awful lot of dm860 drives on my torus so they all crap out at some point .

I need to carve into it . I have other mills that I need to keep running for the day , so I'll check it later . I have a feeling the wires could be shorting on the x . The wire casings they put on them are terrible and they eventually break . The metal from the casing then cuts or carves into the coatings on the wires which causes shorts . I've replaced or repaired a few motors because of this ,I haven't blown a driver because of it though . I have a couple extra motors on hand so hopefully it's just a motor issue
FWIW, I had two 1100 ATC boards pop from the incoming voltage from the power company-- nominally 220-230 swinging too high. Put a buck-boost on to drop it some and it's been solid since.