Ok, yes, this is another CNC conversion thread for a G0704. This project is a little different than others in that my goal was to combine my love of electronics and building things with my love of 4 wheeling. In the end, the machine tools I build now to populate my shop will let me fabricate a rock crawling monster buggy just for the fun of it and to say I made it.

I plan that this small mill will allow me to build a Plasma Table, a CNC Tubing Cutter and lots of buggy parts.

The highlights of this build are:
Standard G0704 from Grizley, (Actually I had the G0759 which is the G0704 with DRO installed)
Clearpath SD servo's from Teknic
Pokeys 57CNC controller.
Several interface cards built by me to eliminate all ground noise and wiring issues.
KBMM125 spindle motor controller.
Mach 4 running on a Intel NUC with a 24 inch touch screen.

I started the project in December of 2016 doing research on all the parts and software required. I tried to steer clear of the lowest cost Chinese parts as much as possible because I have lots of experience with their difficulties with quality. I selected parts with the idea that at some point I would upgrade to another mill with more rigidity and a larger work envelope so to that ends the servo's selection went way over on the beefy side. Also I wanted everything to be connectorized so I could take it all apart and move it easily to another place or even a different application.

Here is a photo of the almost finished project. Following posts will provide more details.