587,751 active members*
2,716 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Replace tube with one from another company

I have a BrightStar 40 watt laser engraver. It has worked reliably for three years but now needs a new tube. Two weeks of trying to contact the company by email and telephone has yielded no response. Are they still in business?

Regardless of the situation with BrightStar I need to find a new tube for my machine. I've heard the BrightStar machines are manufactured by WK Laser in China so presumably ordering directly from them is an option. Given the time delay for shipment from China and other uncertainties associated with it I would prefer to source from a North American supplier if possible. My questions are

Will a tube from another company's Chinese manufactured 40 watt machine (Rabbit, Full Spectrum, RedSail, ? ie. one with a North American presence) work for my BrightStar or are they proprietary to each?

If I order from WK Laser in China, should I order 2 tubes due to shipping costs and uncertainty of performance? What else should I be attentive to if I take that route?

I bought my 40 w tube from a different supplier. The main thing is to make sure the length is identical. Some 40w tubes are different lengths I think mine is 1000 mm (according to the specs I have read some are 700mm which is too short for my machine) So it would be easy to measure your existing tube.

I think the lovehappyshopping tubes are advertised as being generic tubes for a variety of manufacturers machines
    rabbit / ls3040

Replace tube with one from another company

What ever you do don't buy from china you are asking for problems; I bought a machine from china and the laser tube was defective. Find a company in north america to purchase your laser from you'll be better serve

It's unbelievable how you guys complain about China. Yous should say the name of the company you bought from. It's not a whole China who make the product like yours. There are a lot of manufacturers who make good quality tubes. Just ask somebody who have bought from China.

If the laser tube length and diameter is the same, it is ok,no big problem! The main problem is that the laser tube may get fragile during shipment, must be packed very well!
    No matter you buy from China or North America, insurance is a must.
    Alice
    [email protected] Jinan Suke Science & Technology Co.,LTD