Hey Folks,

Does anyone have any ideas with this issue:

I have a Fagor 8025M controller on a mill/router that has a Fagor 100P style handwheel. There is a button on the handwheel that is supposed to cycle the control through the axes so that you can switch from axis to axis while doing a touch-off, etc. without having to go back to the control. But, unfortunately this function doesn't work, and hasn't worked since I got the machine (used). The handwheel does work provided you select an axis (X,Y, or Z) from the front of the control.

Today I opened the handwheel and the back of the control and confirmed all the wiring was as depicted here:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Handwheel pinout.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	193376

I also checked that the handwheel related parameters were set correctly per the installation manual:
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F8025 Handwheel Params.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	193374

This all seems to be correct on the machine, yet the control seems to compeletly ignore the button pushes on (input on pin 3 of connector A5). The installation manual says that the signal on pin 3 should be a Home Marker Pulse (machine reference). What is a Home Marker Pulse supposed to look like?

The machine is wired so that this pin 3 is normally tied to ground through a NC contact on the switch. When the button is pushed the switch opens pin 3 signal (removes it from ground). I'm not sure if this simulates a Home Marker Pulse??

What have I missed? Thanks for any ideas you might have to help.

Thanks,
Todd