587,096 active members*
6,467 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 5 123

Show us your shop

Let's see you home work shop.

Good Idea i would not mind checking a few out....

Heres mine. My garage. I have a Fadal VMC15, upgraded controller, 4th axis, 4meg. Out of the shot are a couple Miller welders / plasma, cheapo sears 15" drill press, bead blast cabinet, bench, grinder / buffer and other assorted piles of stuff. I can't believe my wife puts up with this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-012S.JPG  

Paul.....not on your life! I have to little shop and too much stuff and in addition to that I cut wood on a 4th axis that I can't control the chips and dust from......uh-uh...nope not showing mine!

Mike

ps after seeing the pic that nervis 1 put up...if he saw my shop he would be nervous!
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

C'mon no one out there is going to post up pics of their shop? Lets see those things.

I think you scared everyone off.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Well I don't have a shop at the moment. My original building was destroyed by storms last year. But I am putting up a new one now and if the dang rain ceases long enough to let me pour my concrete I might have some good progress pictures. But here is what I have so far.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Picture003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...Picture002.jpg

I'm only going 12' x 16' due to cash restraints and I'm putting a 16' overhang to keep my gator, motorcycle etc out of the weather.

Nice view

Up in the mountians 16 foot over hang sounds like a place to have a party .Whos bringing the burgers????I got the chicken

Quote Originally Posted by harolda
    Up in the mountians 16 foot over hang sounds like a place to have a party .Whos bringing the burgers????I got the chicken
    You can pretty much run around naked where I live, the closest house to mine is 2500 feet away.

hmm, thats interesting trilect...

Heres some messy shots, figured you didnt need to see the entire mess so a carefully placed shop chair is in a shot
    -edit- second mill is a buddys that I am converting and designing a cnc kit around
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tn_P1010001.JPG   tn_P1010006.JPG   tn_P1010003.JPG   tn_P1010004.JPG  

tn_P1010007.JPG   tn_P1010005.JPG  

Here is my shop located in the basement. It is cluttered, but I know were everything is at. Will be posting a new pic after spring cleaning

Here's a couple of shots for you, but only since it is tidy! Small shop, lots of gear, no room to move
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0004.JPG   DSCN0007.JPG   DSCN0009.JPG   DSCN0011.JPG  

DSCN0017.JPG  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Cool, keep em comin. I dig seeing how other people have managed the task of packing all of the stuff you need to do metal work into a confined space. I have about 6 sq feet to move around in and I just about need new underwear every time the compressor kicks on.

Wayne, so how did you manage to get that 700lb mill/drill down the stairs?

Trilect, totally green with envy here...I'd love the space to build a real shop, damn homeowners association is like the gestapo.

Keep us up to date with the build if you get the chance.

Some of you guys have a pretty expansive idea of a small shop.

Here is my shop:
    http://www.wrathall.com/Images/120_2080.jpg

Or an overview:
    http://www.wrathall.com/Interests/machining/My_shed.htm
    Regards,
    Mark

Here's mine, with meh employee.

I know, I know, it's on a pallet on the floor, employee doesn't have safety glasses etc etc.

But the spindle is off and I'm moving in 45ish days, so this is what I get.

Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Hey you got the mill...cool.

Did that little critter come with it or did you have to pay extra?

Reason I ask is the wife is looking for another one and if I can find one cheap I'd rather go that route....less wear and tear on the wife, maybe skip right over the diaper stage etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nervis1
    Trilect, totally green with envy here...I'd love the space to build a real shop, damn homeowners association is like the gestapo.

Keep us up to date with the build if you get the chance.
    Will do, I hope to be somewhat done in 3 weeks. I put 8 ton of DG in there last night and waiting on a decent day for concrete. I currently only own a smithy 3 n 1 machine, radial arm saw, small drill press and misc. tools and my wife is getting a little peeved.

Trilect, the easy solution is to trade the wife for more machinery!
    Rekd, love the picture, would have looked better if the babe was holding a finnished piece too

I was always woundering what people were talking about when they said "ground up restore" Now thanks to Trilect I know what their talking about. ;P
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Page 1 of 5 123