587,564 active members*
3,393 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Vertical Mill, Lathe Project Log > Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end
Page 151 of 184 51101141149150151152153161
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 3662

Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Hi Ian conductor is often roll along the OD of the pipe

Envoyé de mon GT-N7100 en utilisant Tapatalk

Check this out too interesting the end of the video too : Dust Collector** Grounding the System*: Dust Collector Grounding the System - YouTube

This is my driver , cannot find any manual on the web , it's seems a pretty good one driver with the review of it around btw , I also mail the manufacturer to get the manual and alarm code meaning .

Seems like a stepper with encoder feedback. And they are 3-phase, so they should run smoother then normal 2-phase steppers. Nice.

When do you get the error LED? Straigth after powering up? Or once you try to move with the machine?
    Has the machine run before without problems?
    Do you have a multimeter and do you know how to measure voltage with it?

yes it's a "closed loop stepper" call also "hybrid stepper", much smoother and quiet.
    the error led come irregularly it can come 1 minute after powering up or 5min max was 40 30 min (was setting up the vise and jogging my comparator), less was 20 30 second,(and if i powering off and powering up again alarm gone and came back same irregularly in time but more quicker than first powering up), with or without moving axis with or without usb cable plug to mach3 , i try all configuration possible of the machine.
    machine run without problem until error came the first time after 5 min of "working without problem".
    I have a multimeter but need instruction to use it for a specific procedure/checking because I'm not enough confident with and don't want to experiment I prefer clear procedure "you have do this...." concerning all the electrical thing I can good execute order but really too confidentless to try experiment without being sure of what I do when done without aprobation of skilled one.

Multimeter checking that I know how to do, and done, was check the power voltage of the house power socket use for the machine , multimeter result was between 227V and 231V during one minute checking , if it can help

No, that doesnt help. Measure the voltage going to your stepper driver

Sent from my thl 5000 using Tapatalk

so black wire of multimeter on the "COM" plug , red wire on the "V,ohm,mA" not on the "10ADC" , and on the driver black on the GND (first onefrom thebottom of thephoto below) and red on the VDC ( next to the GND ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by jips View Post
    so black wire of multimeter on the "COM" plug , red wire on the "V,ohm,mA" not on the "10ADC" , and on the driver black on the GND (first onefrom thebottom of thephoto below) and red on the VDC ( next to the GND ) ?
    So the output from the Power Supply to the Drives as long as this is not above 50v Dc you should be right with that part, less would be safer like 10% as 50v Dc is the max for those drives
    Mactec54

can you confirm me the setting of the multimer , i'm really not friend with electricity when power is on .

VDC

Thanks , so i got 46.8V , but it 's without the alarm , I have to wait until error driver come and them make the check , will do tomorrow morning because it's 11h25pm can't let the alarm ring at this time
    May I have tomake a long check to see if tension gows up in time or suddenly and not when the alarm is on ? what do you think is the best way ?

can you confirm me the setting of the multimer , i'm really not friend with electricity when power is on .
    can you do a photo of your multimeter
    Mactec54

VDC = Voltage Direct current.

just put it on the voltage setting, black wire to common ground (where all earth/common/ground wires go to), then red wire to all power in and if the voltage is not changing move to the next power input if you find one that is changing with no machine movement flag it and keep going to you have check everything.

when you check the power to the stepper driver's if its above 50 VDC that's bad if it's below and change's that's bad if there is no stepper moment. if the voltage does not change move on.

make sure you note down anything that you find not quite correct note where it is pin number what ever. and post back the other skyfire owners will know if what you thinks is bad or not.

Ian what Jips posted works
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Attachment 310838
    it's this one I do the check like you said and found 46.8 stable on the 3 driver

Iknow that's is stupid , but always was afraid about electicity (powered on) like people about spider or snake since a lightning strike 10m away when I was Young and being fall on the ground by the power ! so sorry about my over safety ask

Voltage is ok. I was thibking that maybe defeng tested with 220v, and you have 230, so the transformer would give a few volts extra. But that's not the case. It's always better to be a little bit under the max voltage, if the motor slows down it generates power, and then the voltage can raise a little bit. But the 46.8 should be good.
    Some multimeters have a min/max function, i dont think yours have that. That would have been nice, to monitor the voltage for a while.

Its strange that all 3 drives go in error at once, even when you are not moving with the machine. That would make me think about power issue.
    I think it's best to wait for defeng when he send you the manual, so you know sure what the error is.

Sent from my thl 5000 using Tapatalk

i will do the min/max function myself until the alarm happen.
    Do you think add a voltage regulator could be a good thing even if it's not the causes of my problem : https://www.tripplite.com/line-condi...tector~LR2000/

Attachment 310838
    it's this one I do the check like you said and found 46.8 stable on the 3 driver
    That should be fine 46.8 should be a good number, ( around 40/42 may have been better ) your meter has from the top off position you turn the dial to the left for checking the DC 2v to 600 and to the Right to check your AC voltage, quite simple to use, and nothing to be afraid of

Red Probe in the right hand socket & the Black in the center Comm socket

So now with the power off ( unpluged ) check all screw terminals for loose wires/ screws, ( Push any wires in and then tighten the screw ) when machines ship like this, screws can become loose from vibrations, that you would not think could happen, but it does
    Mactec54

Hi.....it's funny how history repeats itself........or appears to.

Back in 1975 I worked for a firm in Bristol UK, and one of my tasks was to do what electricians do but not with their qualifications.........LOL......basically it was installing new power sockets, replacing burnt out stuff and servicing anything 3 phase that malfunctioned.........what you learn with hands on can advance your career the boss said......LOL......money talks.

Long story short.......while checking out a Beaver NC mill that kept having fits of program error, the usual checks on power and connections all proved good........suddenly there was a loud bang in the background and the Beaver went bananas........but then went on as usual except the program was out of step with the job.

We had a large Herbert copy lathe and periodically it powered up and down.....the loud bang was the electric brake coming on.......it was the type that switched the brake off and on to rapidly stop the spindle etc.

After consultation with the boss we called an electronics tech in and he confirmed with a recording oscilloscope that the Herbert lathe was causing a spike on the power supply when it powered up and down......problem solve when the Herbert was sold off a month later and we went to a CNC lathe.

Our power supply was derived from a transformer that served the local consumers and it was at it's limit.

Perhaps there is something that switches on an off at irregular intervals on the same phase your domestic supply is on......a neighbour perhaps........maybe a big air conditioner etc.......a ripple won't upset fridges, freezers and washing machines, but CNC stuff is more susceptible to spikes etc.

As I found out in '75.....a multimeter won't detect a ripple or mains spike.....it takes an oscilloscope to "see it".

They installed a large capacitor to the Beaver's power line as an interim step before we got our own mains transformer for the factory and that along with the selling off of the Herbert cured the problem.

BTW........my DVD recorder regularly misses a beat when the fridge or freezer switches on or off even with a surge protector.

I have a separate 240 volt 20 amp power supply to my house air conditioner.....not used for years as I have a full house evap cooler now.......and I had an electrician do a connection to my garage on this line so the SVM-0 on a pretty stable power source.

You'll need someone with an oscilloscope to watch the power supply wave form to see if it coincides with your problem, or get one yourself and learn how to use it.
    Ian.

Page 151 of 184 51101141149150151152153161