586,060 active members*
4,192 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Shopping for first desktop laser engraver - advice?

Hi,

I work for a company that prints using rubber stamps, and we'd like to begin manufacturing our own stamps to print on our items. None of us have ever used a laser engraver before.

We're looking for a small desktop laser engraver for stamp manufacture. Preferably we'd like one that can be used from a Mac or a PC - our design person, who would be using the machine often, uses a MacBook Pro, and would like to be able to format designs in Illustrator before exporting them to whatever program is used to run the engraver.

What should I keep in mind as I'm weighing the pros and cons of different models? What specifications make a laser engraver good for cutting rubber stamps? We're looking for something under $4000... and would be thrilled if we could find one that's less. Any advice as we're planning our purchase?

Thanks for your help,

Mary Claire
    In Blue Handmade

Re: Shopping for first desktop laser engraver - advice?

check out the Gweike storm

Mary Claire,
    would you like to consider our deck model LG3040,LG500, these can meet your price demand and they can be comply with coreldraw ,illustrator,but seems the Macbook can't work
    Any others let me know

Quote Originally Posted by inbluehandmade View Post
    Hi,

I work for a company that prints using rubber stamps, and we'd like to begin manufacturing our own stamps to print on our items. None of us have ever used a laser engraver before.

We're looking for a small desktop laser engraver for stamp manufacture. Preferably we'd like one that can be used from a Mac or a PC - our design person, who would be using the machine often, uses a MacBook Pro, and would like to be able to format designs in Illustrator before exporting them to whatever program is used to run the engraver.

What should I keep in mind as I'm weighing the pros and cons of different models? What specifications make a laser engraver good for cutting rubber stamps? We're looking for something under $4000... and would be thrilled if we could find one that's less. Any advice as we're planning our purchase?

Thanks for your help,

Mary Claire
    In Blue Handmade
    Lucy Lee G.WEIKE LASER
    [email protected]

Hello Mary Claire.
    I am Sherry from Jinan SUKE Comapny & specialized in laser machine with more 6 years experience.
    So glad to see your request of laser machine.

Now, suggest our Smart laser molde SK-500 with 500*300 mm working area & SK-6040 with 600*400 mm working area: FOB Qingdao price:
    SK-500 40W: $2100/set
    60W: $2200/set
    SK-6040: 40W: $2400/set
    60W: $2600/set

Meanwhile, could you tell me the max. cutting thickness of rubber you will cut?
    Also, if you like, tell me your nearest seaport, so that check freight for you.

Your email address is much appreciated, so that send detials specification to you.
    Thanks and best regards
    Sherry

My email:[email protected]
    My skype:sukelaser08
    My msn:[email protected]

Hi,

Thanks for your help,

Mary Claire
    In Blue Handmade

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for responding! We are located in North Carolina in the United States. I'm not sure what the nearest seaport is, but I'd love to hear an estimate on freight cost. We won't be cutting anything thicker than 5mm. is the SK500 model compatable with programs like Illustrator and coreldraw? Can it be used with a Mac computer or just Windows?

Thank you!
    -Mary Claire

Quote Originally Posted by gweikelaser View Post
    Mary Claire,
    would you like to consider our deck model LG3040,LG500, these can meet your price demand and they can be comply with coreldraw ,illustrator,but seems the Macbook can't work
    Any others let me know
    Lucy,

Model LG3040 sounds promising. Could I get a price quote?

Thanks,
    Mary Claire

Hello Mary Claire,
    Good morning to you. Sherry here.
    May i get your email, it is easier for me to send mail. [email protected] is our mail box.

Now, as you mainly for cutting, so suggest 80w laser tube. as if 40w/60w, 40w is mainly for engraving, while 60w is lower speed & SK-500 is small machine, if allocate the 80w tube,the tube will longer so much than machine. So SK-6040- 80w is better for you. FOB Qingdao price:

So:
    SK6040 -80w: $2700/set
    SK-6040-Z2 Reci tube:$2800/set
    SK-500-60W: $2200/set ( Lower speed than 80W)

PS: 80w with 3 months warranty, 1500 hours lifespan while Z2 Reci tube (90w- 100w peak power) with 10000 hours, 10 months warranty.

Next monday, i will check freight for you, as Most of forwarder are in weekend holiday time. Hope your understanding.
    Meawhile attached the details specification of Laser SK-6040 as reference, please check it.
    Attachment 257904
    Attachment 257906
    Attachment 257908
    Attachment 257910
    Attachment 257912
    1. RD system with laser work software
    2. Honeycomb table or Knife table optional
    3. Water pump, air pump, exhaust fan
    4. Hiwin or PMI Sqaure from Taiwan
    5. Water sensor system

As picture show:
    Attachment 257900

Waiting for your early reply.
    Best regards
    Sherry

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for responding! We are located in North Carolina in the United States. I'm not sure what the nearest seaport is, but I'd love to hear an estimate on freight cost. We won't be cutting anything thicker than 5mm. is the SK500 model compatable with programs like Illustrator and coreldraw? Can it be used with a Mac computer or just Windows?

Thank you!
    -Mary Claire

Hello Mary Claire,
    Good day. Sherry here.
    In last mail, i forget to tell you: Illustrator software& Coreldraw is ok. You could make drawing in Illustrator, then import into our machine software laser cut or laser work.

Our laser machine support AutoCAD, CorelDraw, & Photoshop software.

But i very sorry to tell you, Mac computer is not supported. Our machine could support windows system, such as XP, Win7, & Win8 & others.

Best regards
    Sherry
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sherry.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	257914

Hi Sherry,

Thank you!
    -Mary Claire

Drae, Sir

Could you give me your e-mail or your skype?Our company do this business for 6 years.And we also have laser engraving machine and CNC router.
    Different working size of stamp engraving machine with different price,
    Could i send more details information about our machine to your mail?
    Waiting for your early reply.
    This is Ula
    My e-mail:[email protected]
    My skype:sukelaser9

Hello Mary Claire,
    Good day for you. Sherry here from SUKE Company.

Today, I check freight for you: two seaports as reference:
    1.NORFOLK Port: about $150 sea freight, + plus $20 insurance, totally :
    CIF NORFOLK
    1. SK-6040-80W:$2870/Set
    2.SK-6040-Z2 Reci tube:$ $2970/set
    3.SK-500-60W: $2350/set ( Size is smaller than SK-6040)

2..CHARLOTTE Port: about $ 170 sea freight + $20 insurance, totally:
    CIF CHARLOTTE
    1.SK-6040-80W:$2890/Set
    2.SK-6040-Z2 Reci tube:$ $2990/set
    3.SK-500-60W: $2370/set ( Size is smaller than SK-6040)

Both of the two seaport, about 35 shipping days, Each Tuesday shipping.

How do you think of the two seaports?

4.Finally, we have USA client, they used our laser machine very well, if you are interested to buy it, maybe you could contact him, to know more about our laser machine.
    5.FDA certificate approved, you will need it when customs clearance.

Could you tell me your email & Skype, so that we contact easier.
    My email:[email protected]
    My Skype: sukelaser08
    My Mobile: 0086-18668917435

Looking forward to your early reply.
    Best regards
    Sherry
    Attachment 258152

Hi Sherry,

Thank you!
    -Mary Claire

Hello Claire, rubber stamps is ok, but you should choose large power laser tube, our website and facebook have many samples and videos.
    Samples - Rubber

Hello Mary Claire,
    Good morning to you. Sherry here.
    Do yoou check my offer yesterday?
    May i have your opinion of it?

If just engrave on rubber, rubber laser machine is ok, also price is cheaper.
    FOB Jinna price:
    SK-5030 Rubber laser engraver:$900/set

Waiting for your ealry reply. my mail:sales8@suke;aser.com

Sherry

Hi,

Thanks for your help,

Mary Claire
    In Blue Handmade