587,497 active members*
4,486 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123
    Quote Originally Posted by klevabuga View Post
    I know you are receiving my emails so please have enought decency as a company to reply to me and support the machine I paid good money for.
    "Decency" seems to be an unknown term to the people at Yorklaser. I guess I shouldn't expect any support if my laser has issues. Business must be good since they can afford to alienate customers like that.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a "Naughty Step" sticky post for the suppliers that fail to deliver on their promises?

Hello ,everybody.

Have you solved all the problems you have involved in please?
    If any problem working with our machines,please send mails to:
    [email protected] and reply to anyone in 12hours.

Please try our new service team and also you can visit our sites with some new products.

Contact us please if you have any other problem.

YorkLaser

Other than the fact that I had to do some re-assembly on the cutting bed of my laser its been perfectly fine. You can probably understand my concern when communications broke down just after you had received payment. You have already given a reason for this so no need to cover that again. I'm more keen to know if "klevabuga" has got his issues sorted out:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/laser_...k_laser-3.html

Contact from York Laser

I have now received several emails, and tonight i received a phone call from a representitave of york laser. He said they have restructured the company and made several staff changes. I have been assured that my honeycombe cutting bed, replacement lens and focus led will be sent to me next week at their expense. Now the rotary attachment has failed also. I believe that the stepper motor used is too weak to spin the heavy chuck assembly. Initially it clicked several times when accelerating from origin to the start point of the engraving, altering the position of the engraving on the glass. Now it is slipping so bad it is unusable. I have reported this to york laser. I do believe that they are making an effort to put things right, but only time will tell.
    All my fingers are crossed.................

Feeling Lucky

I bought a MORN MT3050D - damn thing just works, too. tho the RDCAM software IS kinda poor, but it does work w/ corel 12. Build quality was decent. They promise a new v. of software is coming. We'll see if there is after sale service soon enough.

I just wanted to check in and say thank you york laser for stepping up and fixing all of your past problems. There customer service has been great since they have reworked there customer service dept. They have righted all of my problems and have been very responsive. If I was to buy another laser I would buy again from York. Thank you again

I've been reading the thread here and noticed one thing that most people have forgotten about, that the Chinese Gov controls the web in China.
    Google have had all sorts of trouble with them and I know of 2 companies in America that deal with China and find it easier to actually go there in person and deal with the company themselves than try to do it over the net. The government control is the problem in a lot of cases as they don't want too much western influence on the public perception.
    This isn't just fantasy and conspiracy stuff, it's real and is in a constant state of flux.
    The people there have to make do with what their gov will let them do.

Shame really as there is some really good stuff coming out of there lately with better quality control than they have ever had. It's just a matter of finding it. Just like if a Chinese person had to find something in America, which, is also one of the homes of the "Scam" and is well documented.
    Gee, I think I'm rambling now...... Sorry, but sometimes it's easier to blame than to get to the root of a problem which isn't all that clear in the first place.

So glad you got every thing sorted out in the end.

Rich.
    I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example.

Rich,

Quite correct regarding the Chinese censorship of all web traffic.

Going off on one............

Something, I think, we should all be concerned about is the development of bodies such as 'The Internet Watch Foundation' which has been set up in the UK, Canada and Australia (with similar organizations in other countries). This has been set up to control content and protect children (wonderful idea and a damn good thing) but the 'banned site list' is not made public therefor any site which Government or the IWF don't want you or I to see can easily be added to the list and no one is the wiser. All we see in the UK, Canada and Australia is a 404 error. In the USA they are a little more open by giving a reason for the refusal of entry to the site. There are some circumventions by changing IP addresses to other countries but that in turn can cause other problems. Part of the Wikipedia site became un-accessible (from the UK) by the IWF because of a photo (which they did not approve of) on an LP record sleeve - this led to legal action and subsequent reinstatement of Wikipedia but it did prove that censorship is possible and does occur outside of China.

Tweakie.
    CNC is only limited by our imagination.

Thumbs up Parts from York Laser?

No sign of any parts yet, and no reply to the last two emails..........
    Maybe customer service have re-employed the old staff members.

No sign of any parts yet, and no reply to the last two emails..........
    Maybe customer service have re-employed the old staff members.
    Maybe customer services lied

Tweakie.
    CNC is only limited by our imagination.

Thumbs up Bad Support From York Laser

Still no response from York after sending numerous emails over the last month.
    All the promises they made me were LIES.
    SHAME ON YOU YORK LASER!!

Regrettably your company is casting doubt on all China Laser Manufacturers.
    Maybe the genuine China laser manufacturers should all get together and pay you a visit to KICK YOUR ARSE. That's how we would do it in New Zealand....

i shall help you

Still no response from York after sending numerous emails over the last month.
    All the promises they made me were LIES.
    SHAME ON YOU YORK LASER!!

Regrettably your company is casting doubt on all China Laser Manufacturers.
    Maybe the genuine China laser manufacturers should all get together and pay you a visit to KICK YOUR ARSE. That's how we would do it in New Zealand....
    i shall help you.......to kick their ass.....(group)

extremely looking down those who get paid but do nothing.

Talking

...pay you a visit to KICK YOUR ARSE. That's how we would do it in New Zealand....
    Too right!
    Bob

chinese laser

there are over 800 laser companies in china but only approx 1% are really doing the job. so unless you really know the industry, finding the right supplier is like wining a lottery. good luck to you all!!

Angry York Laser Warning

(chair) Despite repeated emails, I have had no response from York Laser since the 18th of May. No sign of the promised replacement lenses either.
    The website has been updated however and clearly displays new models of laser engravers. It upsets me that many more unfortunate buyers may get stung by this company. Post Warnings in as many forums as you can.

Three things I have found.

1. You need to identify the agents from the real thing.
    If you say you will visit in 2 weeks to look at the production in factory and get no reply. Almost surely is an agent.
    2. Always use google translate to Chinese and back to English before sending emails. You would be surprised how the grammar can totally change the meaning. Sometimes 3 easy sentences. Somtimes 10 minutes to get one line correct. Just adding or removing an 's' from a noun can turn a good sentence to rubbish.
    3. If you can't turn off the spam from a supplier, be VERY suspicious.

And I have nearly 2 ton of machinery on order, paid for. You need to overcome the language barrier - read that as grammar. Once this was done, all is smooth sailing for me.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Amazing progress from York Laser

York Laser have followed through with all their promises! To their credit they have worked extremely hard to rectify all the issues i raised. Customer service is now of a high standard with inquiries answered promptly. They have now provided me with all the parts i required, and fully compensated me for the extra costs i incurred. York Laser have even completely re-designed all their laser engravers/cutters to eliminated all of the design weaknesses i advised them of.
    The build quality has significantly improved also. The new range of Laser Engravers look fantastic and i am now intent on purchasing another unit from York Laser. This Company deserves a pat on the back for the effort they have put in to learn from their mistakes and then go on to produce a good machine at a very affordable price. Thank you York Laser.

Very often with good constructive feedback (not to be read as criticism), great things can be achieved, as I have found.
    Just promote the knowledge, and overcome the language barrier.
    Try translating this, and you will see how it can be screwed up!

Was that 4 for five items to send to the other address?
    becomes:
    Five projects were sent to other addresses?

Paste all at this link,
    Google Translate

and translate back again.
    Google Translate

You will begin to see the problem, as the grammar changes the original meaning.:drowning:

Great things often have a good constructive feedback (criticism is not regarded as read), can be achieved, because I found.
    Promote knowledge, to overcome language barriers.
    Try translating this, you will see how it can be messed up!

Five projects were sent to other addresses?
    Becomes:
    Five items were sent to other addresses?

All paste in this link,
    Google Translate

And translate back.
    Google Translate

You will begin to see the problem, as the syntax to change the original meaning.

(nuts)
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

Has things changed so quickly? Surprisingly York rose from low rating to good within a few days...

i know how you feel
    the only way is to write it here in the forum and warn other people about york laser.
    i wish more people did this, so we can filter the good from the less good....

i had very bad experience with jinan widom laser.

thank god it works now

Page 2 of 3 123