587,558 active members*
3,932 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Servo amp help?

Hello all, I'm seeking info about servo amps and related hardware and software for a retrofit I've been working on. I guess the question would be, where is the best place to ask the question? But to answer that I'd guess you have to hear the question first so it is pretty much as follows. First the background. I have the x and y axis up and running using Parker Compumotor ZX610 series motors and servo drives, daisy chained serially to a PC running Parker's Xware terminal emulator software and using their X code. So far I've only run simple straight line programs. Running XP on an older Sony Vaio. Good machine in its day, old but solid.

I have two more brushless servos with resolvers (I think) and one brushed motor. I would like to set these up with servo amps and get the whole works operating with the most user friendly system I can install at a reasonable cost. This is on a conventional vertical mill. The brushed motor is on the knee and the brushless are on the quill and the rotary table.

I have a Galil controller (2160 I think) so am I right in thinking that finding suitable servo amps to power the three motors is the logical next step? Thanks for any help.

Jim

Hi Jim I think mach3 will work for your 2160 try AMC for your amps find the info on amc web site then watch for them on ebay you will probley want to install encoders on your motors

Move this post to the servo motors and drives section that will help get alot more answers