587,771 active members*
2,963 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Screen Problem on Milltronics Patner 1 VMC

Question Screen Problem on Milltronics Patner 1 VMC

I have Milltronics Patner 1 with Centurion V controls
    The Screen has suddendly become Blur the digits can be seen but the Menu @ the bottom is hardly readable can any one sugest?

Try entering display, and then shell, type in exit, and then enter. Should bring display back up.

Open your control box up, and connect a computer monitor to the plug inside there. Basic DB25 monitor connector.

If that solves the problem, find a new monitor that will fit.
    If that does not fix it, you may have video card issues.

Did this on our Partner 4 at work, side bonus was that we went from yellow monochrome, to a colour screen.

A 17" Philips now lives on the front of the control. Only downside is that the buttons no longer line up with the screen view... Minor.

G'luck

Cheers
    Trev

Quote Originally Posted by bullitt92 View Post
    Try entering display, and then shell, type in exit, and then enter. Should bring display back up.
    can you please brief me more like where to go and how to do this

Quote Originally Posted by trevj1 View Post
    Open your control box up, and connect a computer monitor to the plug inside there. Basic DB25 monitor connector.

If that solves the problem, find a new monitor that will fit.
    If that does not fix it, you may have video card issues.

Did this on our Partner 4 at work, side bonus was that we went from yellow monochrome, to a colour screen.

A 17" Philips now lives on the front of the control. Only downside is that the buttons no longer line up with the screen view... Minor.

G'luck

Cheers
    Trev
    Thanks For the Reply
    but i dont have any option to connnect the monitor from Control Pannel
    the only option that i have is to Replace the monitor and the milltronics approved Supplier is asking for 2.5k + delivery & Labour I am not sure if i want to spend this type of money for 17 year old Machine

screen problems

Once your machine is powered up, you should have a 450 home message on the screen. Hit the escape button all the way to the right at the bottom of the screen, this will bring up the options for the other buttons. Then hit F6 for display, then hit F9 to enter shell, this will be basically a dos prompt, type in the word exit using the keypad and hit enter. This might bring your screen back to normal. I can't explain why this happens but it works for my mill, could be a battery issue or a video card issue, not sure. Hope this helps.

That monitor is nothing more than a standard computer monitor with the plastic housing removed and the circuit board supported. Very early Cent5 machines had an EGA display driven from the Keypad Encoder Board inside the front panel. Most of the C5 machines had a VGA display driven from a VGA graphics card in the Card Cage.

Open the front panel, look at the signal cable going to the monitor. If it has two rows of pins, it is EGA. If it has three rows of pins, it is VGA.

If it is EGA, too bad, you will have to install a VGA card and pull a new video cable from the Card Cage to the front panel, and get a VGA monitor.

If it is VGA, (and it most likely is), unplug the signal cable from the old monitor and plug it into a different one, just about anything will work. Power the machine up and check out the display quality. This will tell you if you have a monitor problem or a card/cable/motherboard problem.

If it is a monitor, I've had many clients replace the old one with their own CRTs or flat screens. The hardest part of the replacement is the mechanical "make it fit" problem.

I replaced my monitor with an LCD, but the old monitor was in working condition. If by chance you want to keep the old CRT, then $50 plus shipping will get it to you, realize it's one heavy sucker and will be expensive to ship.... especially from AZ to Canada.