587,089 active members*
2,802 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > RFQ (Request for Quote) > RFQ: CNC aluminum enclosure, ~ 13 x 7 x 3 cm, STL included

RFQ: CNC aluminum enclosure, ~ 13 x 7 x 3 cm, STL included

I'm looking for 1 copy of the attached STL design created in aluminum, shipped to Canada (note there is one main 3d part, and then a couple simple 2d parts)

I only need 1, but if the economies were such that a 2nd copy wouldn't dramatically increase the price, I'd consider ordering a second.

Re: RFQ: CNC aluminum enclosure, ~ 13 x 7 x 3 cm, STL included

It would be nice to enclosure an eng.drawing to specify close tolerances or holes specifications (tapping , reaming). These operations can increase the cost.

I've added a DXF drawing. I may not be experienced enough in RFQing to properly specify tolerances, but as a general comment, non of the tolerances are tight. It may be easier to note that:

- There's a centred circular hole on the bottom that is 10mm in diameter. This needs to be able to fit a component that has an actual diameter of 9.7mm.
    - One of the 2D parts needs to fit inside the the bezel/lip of the main 3D part (it's probably pretty clear how), but I don't mind doing some sanding on my end.
    - There's a cavity on the top that is 19mm in depth, 62mm wide, and 24mm tall, with rounded edges (for easier machining). This cavity just needs to be able to fit inside it a rectangle of 60x22x18 mm.

EDIT: There is no tapping required. The holes are also generally flexible in sizing, and could be drilled instead of reamed (subject to the note about the 10mm diameter hole above needing to fit a specific part)
    Attached Files Attached Files

did you ever get this done?

Quote Originally Posted by jcposada View Post
    did you ever get this done?
    Not yet.

One of the members here was kind enough to give me a fantastic quote. The challenge is that it's out of my budget unless I can do 4 or 5 in QTY to get the per unit price down and split the price with some others. So I need to find those "others" before I can move forward.

I am Anna from BJD company .We are professional manufacture of CNC working center.

We are looking for overseas distributors and agents ,would like to supply high quality products and competitive price .
    If you are intersted in discussing this more, please email me back.

With your reply , we will send you more details .

Looking forward to hearing from you. TKS.

Best regards,
    Anna

[email protected]