587,473 active members*
3,530 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Complaints and Praise Discussions > Retromation - Anyone deal with them yet?

Retromation - Anyone deal with them yet?

They have GREAT prices on Gecko. The G540 is priced at only $249, which is a full $50 less than I'd pay direct from Gecko. Their website is a bit sparse though, and incomplete. Think I may give them a try when I'm ready to buy my G540. Plus, they're located in the heart of my old stomping grounds where I grew up.

Never heard of them, but they have some good prices.

http://retromationinc.com/retromation_015.htm

CR.
    http://crevicereamer.com
    Too many PMs. Email me to my name plus At A O L dot com.

I ordered 4 201x gecko's on 3/12
    I'll post when I get them.

Smile

Received the Gecko's this morning. 3/17/10 Well packed and as advertised.
    Total for 4ea 201x's and shipping to Oregon $413.56 Good service fair price.

Thank you oeffner, good info! :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by Crevice Reamer View Post
    Never heard of them, but they have some good prices.

http://retromationinc.com/retromation_015.htm

CR.
    Their website is not working this evening. They are still advertising on E*B*Y, however, with a member name of drcarusodev.
    I am still waiting for a G540 gecko to arrive, ordered it via P*yP*l on March 29.

Quote Originally Posted by steveb946 View Post
    Their website is not working this evening. They are still advertising on E*B*Y, however, with a member name of drcarusodev.
    I am still waiting for a G540 gecko to arrive, ordered it via P*yP*l on March 29.
    I just tried it and the link worked for me. Have you called or emailed about your order?

CR.

I just ordered from them. I was going to order directly from their website, but I ended up going through eby. Same exact price with shipping, plus the added protection of feedback & eby buyer protection. They have 100% positive feedback, but they sure seem to be dragging their feet with Steve's order. Hope he's received it by now.

Smile Retromation --- OK

Quote Originally Posted by Crevice Reamer View Post
    I just tried it and the link worked for me. Have you called or emailed about your order?

CR.
    Hi, all, finally found my original post area. Yes, I received the G540 from Retromation, after calling them. They had sent my order to the wrong address, and quickly took care of the problem. Retromation is definitely OK to deal with, and the price is right!!

sorry

j

j

I edited my opinions from here on my first order, after speaking with the guy on the phone, and he assured me he would ship my order and get it by the end of the week.

I am in the same boat again, so here is my experience dealing with this guy.

Both times I have bought using ebays buy it know. Both times I have had zero communication with him. I have emailed twice now, and called with no reply's.
    its been over a week, he is just a state away from me. I have had quicker shipments from china...just order a spindle from ebay, mine got to me in three days.

why should i have call him just in order for him to know he made a sale on bay.

although his website mentions we in the text, i think its just a one man band, the website is only half put together.

save your grief, spend a few extra bucks and buy direct from gecko, their customer service is second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by tootalew View Post
    save your grief, spend a few extra bucks and buy direct from gecko, their customer service is second to none.
    OR, buy your Geckos direct from Keling, who offers low prices AND ships at warp speed:

http://kelinginc.net/

CR.

but i live almost next door to him and get the state tax whammy....i will just file a dispute and take my biz right to gecko

still no contact from this guy, the phone number on his site connects to this number though. 248-255-2735 But you get a message the mail box is full. Think I should contact gecko about this? I'd rather not, but i am getting zero communication from this guy.

Just got off the phone with gecko, and all i am going to say is this guy IS NOT an authorized dealer, and something about since a price adjustment, he has fallen off the map.......help i think i just lost a few hundred dollars trying to save a few bucks on the good stuff.

I have received my money back from paypal.

I ordered from them 2 months ago 5 geckos 203v, received them in a week, no delays no problems.

AFAIK gecko does not have authorized dealers, they sell bulk and anyone is free to make a profit selling at the single unit price and buying at 1000 units price.

1000 units=112000
    sold at slightly less than gecko in single units=139000
    profit=27000

not bad if you can move some thousands a year...
    ● Distribuidor Syil en Argentina ● "www.syil.com.ar" ●