586,103 active members*
3,146 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Problem with Nowforever E100 VFD
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    That is not what I was asking you, what is the low limit set to P0-008, this is the setting that is the most important
    The low limit P0-008 is set to 0

In all the VFD's I have installed I have taken that to mean the minimum set freq (rpm), I usually leave the default at 0?
    the option on yours is 0 - 600, but I am not sure why you would set to 600, unless you wanted max by default?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

nilsht
    Quote Originally Posted by nilsht View Post
    The low limit P0-008 is set to 0
    Set P0-008 to 400 & you should be running, If all other setting are correct
    Mactec54

Nilsht

P0-008 may not be the correct one to change, It won't do any harm, just not the right place to be looking

What do you have in P0-001 P0-002 P0-003 these are the important settings to get it running, the manual is not very good
    Mactec54

I have never used those 400hz motors, but from the spindle range published for that spindle, 8000-24,000 rpm it would appear the setting for PD08 would be 130hz to limit a minimum of 8000rpm.
    It is clear from the appearance of the motor that there is no iron mass that a normal 60hz induction motor has, the result is the inductance is low, and there for the inductive reactance at low frequency would be exceedingly low, so the current has to be limited by the 130Hz minimum.
    Al.

Albert E.

Al_The_Man

The P0-008 should be if you are going to use it, set to the min Hz like you are saying 130Hz to support the lower RPM, But P0-008 is not the parameter setting that is stopping it from running, I think the problem is to do with the settings/parameters that I first said

Setting Frequency (should be 400Hz) His VFD most likely is set to 50HZ this will not run the spindle at 50Hz

Output Frequency (should be 400Hz)

Output Current what ever your spindle is rated at

Output Voltage 220v

If they are not set as above it is not going to run

The Drive manual is not very clear on how to do these settings
    Mactec54

Al_The_Man

The P0-008 should be if you are going to use it, set to the min Hz like you are saying 130Hz to support the lower RPM, But P0-008 is not the parameter setting that is stopping it from running,
    I did not mean to infer this as the reason, just the value to use to prevent over current in the case of inadvertently entering a low rpm.
    I am begining to think the cause is damage already done to either motor or VFD?
    Al.

Albert E.

Al_ The_Man

I agree I think there is a big possibility that the VFD or motor already has damage, The manual is very bad in explaining how it should be set, They have a big problem in China with the power modules being used in some VFD Drives & Servo Drives, this may be one of them

nilsht was using/running the spindle at low RPM this may have been enough to toast the power module with not having the P0-008 set to a number other than 0
    Mactec54

Al_ The_Man

nilsht was using/running the spindle at low RPM this may have been enough to toast the power module with not having the P0-008 set to a number other than 0
    Yes, this is what Im afraid of. Strange though that I didnt get any problems until I tried to run it at 18k speed. At that point something got hot (I could smell it).

nilsht

I don't think it is anything that you did, some of the Chinese VFD's are very weak in this area, It doesn't take much at all to smoke them, Just getting a slight over current/voltage is enough

I hope the seller is looking after you with a replacement
    Mactec54

I don't think it is the VFD, per se, it is most likely the motor very low inductance as previously mentioned.
    I would hazard a guess that anything much under 400hz will stress the VFD.
    I can run a 'standard' 4 pole induction motor down to a few RPM with a Huanyang, no problem.
    Al.

Albert E.

Finally got spindle back from China, and everything is working now

Page 2 of 2 12