587,482 active members*
3,413 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > FeatureCAM CAD/CAM > PP Help! Making the first move a rapid movement and, the next a feed canned cycle.

PP Help! Making the first move a rapid movement and, the next a feed canned cycle.

First of all, I'm about 2 weeks into FeatureCAM and, holy crap; this software is awesome! I've used a few other CAD/CAM software's (BobCad, MasterCam, Solid Works) and, FeatureCAM seems to be the easiest/most intuitive of the bunch!

Now to my problem...

I'm working on editing a post but, I can't seem to figure out how to make the first line of the canned cycle rapid down to the X value, then feed to the starting Z value on a lathe.

I'm configuring the post for a Mori Seiki SL-25 lathe with Fanuc-0T controls, (not sure if that's the correct wording but, that's what the boss calls it); I doubt that's pertinent towards this post but, I figure I might as well, doesn't hurt.

that is not a post mod. open the post dialog in FC and you will see a box that says dog leg rapid "something like that" just check this box then click save settings now.

If you send me a email u will give you a sample on how i made my post rapid X down to .100 from stock od.

Janos