587,215 active members*
3,656 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Post Processors for MC > Post for a vickers acromatic control

Post for a vickers acromatic control

Hello everyone, i have recently purchased mcX and was wondering if anyone can help me modify a generic
    post processor for a vickers acromatic control A2100, which is controling a 3axis machining centre.

Thanks

Post up the code you're getting with the current post and the code you want and we'll see what we can do.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by Rekd View Post
    Post up the code you're getting with the current post and the code you want and we'll see what we can do.
    Thanks for this. I have attached a nc file generated by MCX and an nc file
    that i have written. Most of my editing is just because i like my programs to look like this, however the g43H11 does cause a problem as on my machine H values define a workstation not an offset height
    Attached Files Attached Files

I know this one works for MC8. Maybe you can take this and upgrade it to MCX. If it can't be it was still worth a shot. Also as a note the Acromatic Control can be Reconfigured to a basic Fanuc style. I'm not sure how to do this but I do know that my friends machine (Cincinnatti Arrow 1500) Programs Arcs with "R" Designation in place of the standard "P" from the factory. The Acromatic controls are very powerful by themselves and have a builtin CAD/CAM that will do all sorts of cool stuff like Tapered Pockets with Islands, 3D Surfaces, and just about anything one can imagine in 3 Axis part geometry.

What machine tool manufacturer made your machine?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    I know this one works for MC8. Maybe you can take this and upgrade it to MCX. If it can't be it was still worth a shot. Also as a note the Acromatic Control can be Reconfigured to a basic Fanuc style. I'm not sure how to do this but I do know that my friends machine (Cincinnatti Arrow 1500) Programs Arcs with "R" Designation in place of the standard "P" from the factory. The Acromatic controls are very powerful by themselves and have a builtin CAD/CAM that will do all sorts of cool stuff like Tapered Pockets with Islands, 3D Surfaces, and just about anything one can imagine in 3 Axis part geometry.

What machine tool manufacturer made your machine?
    Thanks for this Toby i will try it out tonite. Our machines are made by C Dugard LTD.

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by Julian M View Post
    Thanks for this Toby i will try it out tonite. Our machines are made by C Dugard LTD.

Julian
    Just make sure you Single Block, at a reduced Rapid, with the Op Stop and watch your Distance to go Screen. Also there seem to be a few funky things with the Drilling Canned Cycles if memory serves. Vickers Controls have a lot more options than Standard Fanuc and the rest. They are very picky too.

I hope it works for you.

:cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Just make sure you Single Block, at a reduced Rapid, with the Op Stop and watch your Distance to go Screen. Also there seem to be a few funky things with the Drilling Canned Cycles if memory serves. Vickers Controls have a lot more options than Standard Fanuc and the rest. They are very picky too.

I hope it works for you.

:cheers:
    I updated this to MCX with a chook, and it worked fine. I have made a couple
    of mods of my own which also seem to be ok. Thanks again.

Julian

I have one for a Vickars PC2100 would that help?

Julian
    Your welcome, just glad to have been able to help a little
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by dmealer View Post
    I have one for a Vickars PC2100 would that help?
    Thanks for this, to be honest i dont know if this post will work, it would be interesting to try it. If you post it onto the forum i will try it out. If it doesnt
    work at least we've learnt something new.

Thanks again
    Julian

Here is one that I used for a Cincinnati Acramatic 2100E with Mcam9.
    You will have to modify the peof section for your table travel.
    Rigid tapping works.
    Be careful until you test it throughly.
    ObrienDave. MasterCam since V6. Gcode since 1983.
    The nose you punch today may belong to the butt you have to kiss tomorrow.

Talking

Thanks for this i will give it a try.

Julian

Being New to MC I see that some Post Processors need a little tweeking, but for the most part they work as is. Have to tried asking on the eMastercam Forum?
    Lots of smart guys there that can help.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Julian
    Can you tell me how do you installed the post? I tried to do it, but I get an error.

Quote Originally Posted by Palafox View Post
    Can you tell me how do you installed the post? I tried to do it, but I get an error.
    Palafox, hold alt and press C, then open updatepost.dll, complete this window remember to select updating from MC8. This should hopefuly work.

Julian

I get the following error:

"The selected post has not been updated for this version of Mastercam. Use the UpdatePost.dll utility to update the post processor file".

I found the updatepost.dll file but I dont know how to use it.

Does anyone have a post Gibbscam, or Camworks for a acromatic 2100. I need a good post for either program.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acromastic View Post
    Does anyone have a post Gibbscam, or Camworks for a acromatic 2100. I need a good post for either program.
    Thanks
    You could by the New BobCAD/CAM V2007. The Post processors are easy to Modify, plus Post Processors are FREE!!!!!!
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com