587,372 active members*
3,104 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCad Post Processors > Post Processor Used To Work?

Post Processor Used To Work?

I have BC V24..purchased back in '11.
    I had everything up and running reasonably well.
    I run BC on my laptop then transfer the files to my old pc with xp to run Mach 3 via a usb thumb drive.
    At some point my laptop crashed and a new hard drive was installed. I downloaded BC and the same post processor I believe I have been using all along.
    The g code output is definitely different with the newer post processor. I downloaded all of the pp pertaining to mach and none of them output the same as
    the old one. Needless to say I have to modify all g code to make it work after I post it. I have to open it up in notepad and remove lines and add a few, depending
    on the operation. Somethings it just won't do. I have been limping along. I mostly make 3 d molds and modifying the code is easy. But pocketing, drilling and other multiple step
    operations require too much work to rewrite. So maybe I have it all wrong?? I included an old bbcd file that I had the working g code for. The original g code (floot.tap) loads and runs fine in my mach3. The newer .tap file (floot1.tap) is generated from a newer pp with the same name as the pp used to generate the old file (floot.tap). You can see the difference
    right away. The new stuff just doesn't work in mach for me. Mach settings? Some sorta parameter issue....Just bite the bullet and pay BC again for a working pp?

Thanks for your time.
    Vince

Re: Post Processor Used To Work?

That Suks,hopefully somebody can help you
    I cannot help you,but I have said in the past and now is a good time to repeat,,,BACK-UPS of everything on or in something other than your computer.

I have had similar issues. I upgraded from v23 to v24 to get better simulations, I could never get predator to run properly. Anyway the pp set seems to have changed between version somehow. I run mach3 so set my pp to this but always get inches when I load the file to mach3, have to manually edit the gcode to correct the problem. If I run the bc 3 axis pp it comes through in mm but there are issues running programmes with multiple operations, I get conflict errors so have to put each operation as a completely new post, it works but is painful. It also produces problems with incremental and absolute moves, aargh.
    It sounds like we need to get in there and edit the post processor files, how do we do this?

Btw has anyone had any luck using predator simulator, I would like to be able to use this if possible

Shaune

Reply to my own post on post processors, lol

Ok, if you go into the bobcad data directory, open posts then mill and you get a list of the post setups. I opened the one that works but in inches along side the one that doesn't but is in mm. Works great now

It's reasonably straight forward comparing e code, I just took out a inches mode command and replaced it with g21 (metric mode). Changed a couple of other things like machine name etc. then saved it under a new name so if I mucked anything up I could go back.

If you have a list of g codes then it's pretty simple to work out what you need to change, seems like you already know what's not working for you.

Can I send you a v24 post.p file, which one do you need? I still have v24 working

Shaune

Shaune,
    Thanks.
    I have all the current mach posts available on the BC site and none of them work for my situation. If you have any posts that were downloaded more than a year or so ago for mach I would be very eager to give them a try. My email is [email protected] any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I have opened the posts processors in note pad and tried to modify them. Some mods are real easy some...the ones I need I haven't figured out.
    I believe I need an older version of MACH 3 MILL NO ATC. I'm not sure if there is a revision being the post name is truncated.
    I can only assume its a pp problem. I can open older .tap files, from before my hard drive crashed and they work. I can't make a post work now and I can see the difference in the output.

Luckily 90% of what I do is 3 axis, z level rough and slice planar which only requires removing two lines of code for each. When doing simple stuff like drill cycles or pocketing its a lot more work to modify the code. For drilling I have been cutting and pasting caned code I found on the web and inserting the coordinates, for pocketing I have to insert the start coordinates for the finish profile in the last line of of the rough and remove the SUBPROGRAM RETURN & SUBPROGRAM commands. Fun-
    Anyways thanks for the replies and any possible files.
    Vince

Attached is a very old Mach3 NO_ATC PP, it is already set to Inches, I have never modified it as I only use Metric.

Might work for you, might not

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:
    Attached Files Attached Files