586,058 active members*
4,243 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamBam > Post processor

Post processor

Using CamBam and finding it is easy to use. Nothing intricate just a bunch of 2D stuff so far.
    But I have a new mill that uses Flashcut controller and in the past used Mach3 on a different setup so had the post processor set for Mach 3 but what can I use
    for Flashcut? I don't see that listed under the post processors with Cambam.
    So a post processor to use with Flashcut in Cambam?
    Thanks,
    Bruce

Re: Post processor

I would use the post processor that gets the code closest to what you want. I am assuming you have a working program to compare it to. If you want to change it , I would copy that post processor in Cambam by going to the "System" tab, then to the "post processor" folder. Right click the post you want to copy and copy and paste. It will name the copy adding a 1 example Mach3 will be copied as Mach31 . Then you can right click and rename it as you like. After that you can select the new post and change it's properties in the properties list ( the bottom 1/2 of the page on the left). Remember to right click after any alterations and save or the file will not be updated. If you would like attach the .cbpp file (post processor file) to this forum along with the example of good code for your machine, someone here should be able to help you alter the post processor. To get to the .cbpp files in Cambam go to "Tools" - "browse system folder" - "post". then you can copy them from there to attach to this forum.

Thanks for the info CS.
    I did get this solved by Tyler at FlashCut who I think used Fanuc post processor and then modified it depending on the errors generated by Flashcut on my g-code.
    Even that still had an issue with the drill canned cycles and later I found post processor info for CamBam that showed the drill cycle build as being modal or not. So it turns
    out Flashcut didn't like modal and I was able to change the script so that error in drill canned cycle went away but there may be other canned cycles that may have a similar issue but I
    haven't gotten that far with my simple CNC jobs.
    Thanks,
    Bruce

w7bcw,

Glad to see you got it worked out. Cambam's post is the easiest I've seen to alter. Great software.

Did you check the CamBam forum? There was a discussion on Flashcut there and someone uploaded his Post: Arc Generation problem.

bob