586,060 active members*
4,328 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

pcnc tormacn simulator 1100?

hello friends;

three years I'm waiting to buy my Tormach pcnc 1100, last December succeeds in obtaining the amount to purchase, but due to the devaluation of the Mexican peso in two weeks the price increase in 30,000 Mexican pesos,therefore I have to wait a little longer I would like to hear from some simulator to start testing now and move forward from now on knowledge of Tormach thanks

Greetings from North MEXICO

Re: pcnc tormacn simulator 1100?

What CAM software were you planning to use?

SprutCAM has a pretty nice simulator built into it. If you were planning to use that with your mill it might make sense to buy it now and start learning how to use it.

Mike

I'm a newbie and just received my machine last month (so TIFWIW) but having no alliance to any vendors CAD or CAM SW I found myself looking for online information on learning Solidworks and Sprutcam and kept stumbling across Fusion360. I tried the Fusion360 free trial and a bunch of online tutorials and with it I have already been able to design some stuff in CAD, print it on my 3d printer to validate my design before machining, use their CAM with Tormach postprocessor and then successfully machine a 3D part on my new machine when I got it. I don't know if the SW is good/fair/bad compared to other tried and true approaches but I'm pretty thrilled with it so far so I bought the $300 Ultimate deal last year, but I think you can go pretty far for personal use on the free trial.

Saw this CAM tutorial video last night, sounds like they are aligning with Tormach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMgxQ2lgyP4

Quote Originally Posted by flatsix66 View Post
    I'm a newbie and just received my machine last month (so TIFWIW) but having no alliance to any vendors CAD or CAM SW I found myself looking for online information on learning Solidworks and Sprutcam and kept stumbling across Fusion360. I tried the Fusion360 free trial and a bunch of online tutorials and with it I have already been able to design some stuff in CAD, print it on my 3d printer to validate my design before machining, use their CAM with Tormach postprocessor and then successfully machine a 3D part on my new machine when I got it. I don't know if the SW is good/fair/bad compared to other tried and true approaches but I'm pretty thrilled with it so far so I bought the $300 Ultimate deal last year, but I think you can go pretty far for personal use on the free trial.

Saw this CAM tutorial video last night, sounds like they are aligning with Tormach:
    This is great news! I was very pleased to here that Fusion 360 has aligned or at the least "communicates" with Tormach. I need to see where to get the Tormach post file from.....

Thanks for posting the video.

Later,
    Andrew
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    What CAM software were you planning to use?

SprutCAM has a pretty nice simulator built into it. If you were planning to use that with your mill it might make sense to buy it now and start learning how to use it.

Mike

hello muchael;

i plain use spurtCam I think it is something good economic and got eight years and using solidworks and catia hope this helps a little

Quote Originally Posted by flatsix66 View Post

Saw this CAM tutorial video last night, sounds like they are aligning with Tormach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMgxQ2lgyP4

hello flatsix66

very good video is helpful I see that you have given a good result wait for me too and I'm glad to hear someone else happy by buying a Tormach

tanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by smokediver576 View Post
    This is great news! I was very pleased to here that Fusion 360 has aligned or at the least "communicates" with Tormach. I need to see where to get the Tormach post file from.....

Thanks for posting the video.

Later,
    Andrew
    There is a built in post for Mach3.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2015-02-03 21.29.37.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	267392

In the Fusion360 post processor list "Tormach" is a listed post processor

Click image for larger version.