587,443 active members*
3,353 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Paypal sucks

Paypal sucks

Everything on this site is true http://paypalsucks.com/ I have experience first hand.

I stopped using it a long time ago.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I've had to call them a few times and I've gotten extremely poor customer service. They don't even try to be nice or friendly.

I've had chargebacks on a few eBay transactions where I was the seller. They always find some little loophole out of the "protection" policies they claim to offer. Fortunately they have only been small dollar amounts.

Google checkout seems to be a good alternative for online stores... but person to person transactions could use some alternatives. I especially hate the fact that eBay and Paypal are the same company now. They take a hefty combined percentage off an auction's ending price.
    Andy
    CNC Kits - http://www.comptonsoft.com/cncweb/

I have been lucky enough that I have had no real issue with them, although I admit I have heard of many others having some serious issues with them.
    IMO, they have just forgotten their place in the scheme of things, at least since they got as big as they are.
    No worries, if they continue to do business as that URl says they do, then they will have less and less of a following, and eventually some serious lawsuits and/or criminal charges being filed.
    You would figure, actually, that as many scams that there are on Ebay and hackers world wide, that they would actually tighten up their security and try a little harder than they do to keep things ship-shape and out of the red.

The problem seems to be that no matter how many people they screw over, they are a quick and easy way to transfer money, without the anonymity of Western Union transfers. Most people just don't care about the warning signs until they themselves get burnt.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
    -RedGreen show.

I'm going to stop using them myself, I can write a book on the crap I'm going through with them, I've been with them for 7 yrs, and for the past 3 months have had nothing be problems.

I usually just pay with papal and not receive money to minimize problems, but I had a few bad deals.

Post up alternatives!!
    Dennis

Yep, they suck.

I see they conveniently offer an 'alternative' to PayPal on their site. I can't help but think that the whole site is a platform to advertise that 'convenient alternative'...

How about an alternative to PayPal from one of you guys? I use it...this got me thinking...now what? I guess shelling out $30/mo is nothing, but it is another bill to pay...

-B

Paypal does produce a negative pressure differential!

$904.00 for a phone I DIDN'T BUY!!!
    But I got it back from them!
    Don't go there anymore!

This is a little scary. Of recent I have just started to use Paypal a lot more.
    I havnt had any bad experiences yet, but I also hope not to either.
    I will read the statement information a bit closer in future.

BTW the spelling of Paypal in this thread title needs adjusting. Or was it deliberate in the same way I spell Yapoo ?

i have thousands of transactions with paypal mostly as a seller, I've had a total of 3 disputes as a seller 2 of them flat out fraudulent 1 probably just a total e-commerce newbie that jumped the gun when there package didn't arrive in 24 hours. 5 as a buyer 3 never received items 2 significantly not as described. all found in my favor.

if you follow there guidelines as a seller you have 0 chance of being riped off.

as a buyer the difficulty of processing a disputes for not as described items might just not be worth the effort but in my case have always worked out.
    disputing items not received is allot more simple and unless the delivery person mistakenly delivered to the wrong address you should win these.

I recently signed up for paypal so I could get paid for my blog, Under My Helmet.

The company that writes the checks is Creative Weblogging, who are an approved source by paypal, so I don't anticipate any problems. It is a bit un-nerving, though. Thanks for the heads up, Paul.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ynneb View Post
    This is a little scary. Of recent I have just started to use Paypal a lot more.
    I havnt had any bad experiences yet, but I also hope not to either.
    I will read the statement information a bit closer in future.

BTW the spelling of Paypal in this thread title needs adjusting. Or was it deliberate in the same way I spell Yapoo ?

Good catch, benny. I edited it. (First time I had to edit one of the bosses posts. But I think it needs all the attention it can get.)
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Paypal sucks, for sure. So does ebay. It's too easy for an antsy buyer to dispute a transaction because he didn't get a reply to an email in a couple hours and tie up $500 for a week, because if he lifts the dispute paypal won't let it be reinstated.

I pay $100's to paypal every month and much more to ebay. Switching to google and google checkout soon.
    Steve
    DO SOMETHING, EVEN IF IT'S WRONG!

Spent a year trying to get money back for a DVD writer I bought which never functioned. Got the cash back, but only after threatening legal action.
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

At one point I'de argue with you and say you just had a unique experience, but after what happened to me last year I hate Paypal so I will agree. Their buyer protection policy is absolute junk, as is their seller protection policy. They are setup to look nice but only benefit paypal in the end.

Paypalsucks...

I was curious so I went to this site.... the site tried about a zillion times to install something on my computer. My ad stopper caught it but it gets my wagon when someone tries that! :boxing: I left the site and will not return... Does Pay Pal own it too??? Ha!