587,177 active members*
3,273 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

PathPilot 1.9.13

PathPilot™ v1.9.13 Now Available
    PathPilot v1.9.13 is now available for download from Tormach.com
    In This Version-
    Please be sure to read the release notes for a complete summary of all enhancements and bug fixes.

Fixed Issues:
    All Machines
    • M00 or M01 blank lines with image names in comments issue
    • Offsets tab in inches when machine in G21 Mode
    • ALT keyboard shortcuts issue when in caps lock
    • Wrong Next G-code line highlighted in orange after program load
    • Update Ethernet driver to support the newest PathPilot controller motherboard
    Lathe
    • Must allow lathe spindle group buttons to function on the Offsets Tab
    Mills
    • Editing work offsets does not update visible table until a refresh is forced

For release notes and more information on this version as well as issue tracking and reporting visit the PathPilot Software Center.

Re: PathPilot 1.9.13

Nothing here that affects me in 1.9.13.
    I have all my backlash settings in the .ini file and various other changes also it overwrites my ninja knob files, when I update it, it overwrites all those files as well, kind of gets to be a pain in the backside.......
    mike sr

Re: PathPilot 1.9.13

It’s disappointing they didn’t fix the lathe closer interlock. I submitted this issue back in June:

Thanks! Your Bug Report/Feature Request has been received.

Comments: PathPilot ‘COLLET’ open/close safety interlock function. I believe PP tries to prevent the collet from being opened anytime the spindle is rotating however the logic in v1.9.8, …, v1.9.11 seems faulty and allows you run the spindle regardless if it’s closed or open. The only time an error message is generated is if the spindle is rotating while the collect is opened and you then press the button to close it. This message states “Cannot open collet while spindle is on” This is in contrast to the fact we are already running the spindle with the collet opened. The logic should follow something along these lines:
    Whenever the spindle is command to rotate, either through the “CYLCE START” or manual operation, the collet must be closed or the appropriate error message is generated & the spindle does not rotate.
    At anytime the spindle is rotating the trying to open the collet generates the appropriate warning message and the collect remains closed.
    Since it is a safety issue you would think they would have fixed it by now - 2 version later ...

Also, since they totally messed up v1.9.11 in regards to the lathe operation, I'll be proceeding very cautiously with this update.