587,092 active members*
3,111 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Parts Made with BobCAD-CAM
Page 1 of 2 12

Parts Made with BobCAD-CAM

Hi all,
    Anyone making interesting parts with BobCAD? Here's one that I did.
    CNC Dude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc zone prop.jpg  

Talking Here's another

What do you think about these for your car or truck?
    CNC Dude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc zone rim.jpg  

pretty cool looking parts
    i bet i could wire cut them slots out for you
    lol
    scott
    scott atkins

Thanks Scott, no doubt I bet you could bang out those slots in no time!!! Here's another one...
    CNC Dude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc zone prop.jpg  

Cool For those surfers out there

Hang 10!!!
    CNC Dude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc zone surboard toolpath.jpg  

Those look great! I really like the surfboard. Is this Ver. 19?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Jennifer, I have a hunch that you're right (Ver 19?).

Klox
    *** KloX ***
    I'm lazy, I'm only "sparking" when the EDM is running....

Hi Jennifer

Yup......I just wanted to show you some of the things that I have been working on in V19. Basically, BobCAD software can handle programming tasks that it has never been able to do in the past. Pretty exciting stuff. Jennifer, do you surf?
    CNC Dude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc zone hang 10.jpg  

Re: Hi Jennifer

Originally posted by CNCdude
    Jennifer, do you surf?
    CNC Dude
    Not very well, but I have been known to get out there and make a fool of myself from time to time...had to replace a fin a few summers back due to one of my "badass" moves

I check the Bobcad website every now and again and they still haven't got a preview of ver. 19, yet I've gotten a fax or two regarding a sale "This Week Only!!!" on the upgrade. It sure would be easier to sell the boss on the upgrade if I had something I could show him...any idea when that will be? You're my only hope...

Jen

Talking My only hope...

I tried surfing one time.......one time! I unfortunately got kicked out of the water because my board didn't have a leash connected to my ankle. So, when I ate it and my board went shooting down the beach I was told to get out of the water!!! There, now everyone knows about my "badass" move!

We are working on getting the V19 demo together at this time. Should have something soon for you to impress the boss with.

CNC Dude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cnc zone small part.jpg  

Talking Quick Start Guide

I'm currently working on a quick start guide to go with the demo. Import a model and machine it. Good stuff.
    CNC Dude

I got another fax today: "Last Chance At This Price...Thursday and Friday only". If I can catch the big guy I'll show him the stuff you've got here...but it sure would be nice to have a demo.....

As for the surfing...too much sun is bad for you (at least that's what I tell myself as I get on my bike and ride, not surf, down the coast nowadays).
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Originally posted by Jennifer

As for the surfing...too much sun is bad for you (at least that's what I tell myself as I get on my bike and ride, not surf, down the coast nowadays).
    Surfing pavement and mountain roads is just as much (if not more) fun than surfing at the beach. In fact, I haven't been on a board since I taught my wife to ride and got her her own motorcycle..

'Rekd
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

Cool Pavement Surfing

BMW came out with a skateboard called the "Street Carver." Pretty awesome for those who do skate. I would like to make some skateboard parts with BobCAD. Anyone have any part models I could look at? I'm looking for parts for golfing, scuba diving, snow boarding, drag racing, motor cycles or bicycles.
    CNC Dude
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails street carver.jpg  

Hello everybody, I'm new here!
    I do run bobcad 17 for a few years. When I purchased it, I was promised a free upgrade, version 18.
    I just have received it lately, but I do not know if I should
    get into it, because I have read several post's with
    negative replays.[Lots of Problems]
    Question to you Expert's ?
    Should I wait for 19, or go into 18 first.???
    Konrad
    Use a sharp tool & cut cool !

Welcome Konrad!
    I hope you will enjoy CNCzone as much as I do!!
    To wait or not is up to you to decide.....it depends on what type of work you do, does your current software fulfill your programming needs? There are different software forums at CNCzone, visit them, ask questions & then make your decision.

Klox
    *** KloX ***
    I'm lazy, I'm only "sparking" when the EDM is running....

CNCdude,
    Ok, I have wiped the slate clean.

Lightbulb V18 or V19

SRT, we get plenty of good press already. This is about service. I'm curious why it took so long for Konrad to get his upgrade. In any case, BobCAD will be happy to service Konrad. I recommend that Konrad start getting familiar with V18 now. V19 upgrades will actually be upgrades and not full packagres being shipped as upgrades. Konrad, It's good to see you here. Please feel free to call me directly at 877-262-2231 x12 if you have any questions along the way or for any reason. Did you receive a large manual with the V18 upgrade?
    CNC Dude

CNCdude,
    Ok, I have wiped the slate clean.

Since I wrote this message and the previous post (about wiping the slate clean) on 11-04-03 I have to say that I regret that I didn't let the origional 2 messages remain as they were. There was nothing jab-like or unclean about those 2 writings whatsoever. The 2 posts was removed at that time because I wanted to give you room to do your work in a less stressful enviroment than you were apparently making my suggestion to Konrad out to be.
    I saw your response to Jaws 2 days ago (which thread has since been removed) and realized how your responses back to him were personal attacks and nothing to do with trying to be a professional. You took his dissapointed and angry words and retaliated in the same way, and even worse in your responses back to him. In the midst of all of that you mentioned love, I can only interperet that as someone speaking out of both sides of there mouth. I believe you have worked hard on your product and when someone says anything negative you take a road rage approach to your responses. You keep writing your phone number for people to call you after you ream them out. You insult them, etc., etc., I can't imagine very much of a benefit in someone talking to you after you have done that to them.
    Try to use this as constructive criticism and take a look at your anger. If you continue with the road rage type of responses that I'm referring to, then I can only assume that Bobcad Owners approve.

SRT

OK, before this starts to get out of hand, let me clarify myself to you. I felt like your comment had a bit of a jab to it "they certainly could use some" in terms of good press in this forum. I'm not interested in going back and forth on this point either. My post to Konrad was honest. I do have respect for this forum and therefore use it. If I misunderstood your jab, I appologize. Now in terms of the future, I do like good press. Of course I do just as I like to keep things upfront and on the table. When I post things ANYWHERE, I keep it clean. No hard feelings SRT. Now the title of this entire thread has to do with cool parts that BobCAD-CAM has helped manufacturers make. Do you have any?
    CNC Dude

Page 1 of 2 12