586,069 active members*
3,346 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Ordering a Thunder Laser Mini60 Plus

Hello Everyone,
    I will be ordering a Mini60 from Thunder Laser today. I will gladly post all the information here in order to help anyone else
    In importing these. Nolan at Thunder Laser has been very helpful in answering my guestions. My biggest problem is in understanding the importing cost, one way to find out is to just do it. I live in Louisville , Kentucky. I like the ideal of the laser being servo controlled. I also like the ideal that it will be shipped door to door by DHL . I expect to pay an additional cost for import duties and taxes, I will post those cost here, I'm guessing that DHL will pay those cost and I will pay DHL. One reason I don't mind buying from China is, if something goes wrong, as long as I can get the parts I can fix it. I have experience in electronics and have converted and or repaired many Bridgeport /CNC machines(steppers and servos), CNC routers tables. I also have many years experience in Medical lasers, so the machine does not bother me. The importing information does. I will let everyone know in order to help those who need it.
    Sorry for the long winded post.
    Mike

Re: Ordering a Thunder Laser Mini60 Plus

Quote Originally Posted by biomed View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    I will be ordering a Mini60 from Thunder Laser today. I will gladly post all the information here in order to help anyone else
    In importing these. Nolan at Thunder Laser has been very helpful in answering my guestions. My biggest problem is in understanding the importing cost, one way to find out is to just do it. I live in Louisville , Kentucky. I like the ideal of the laser being servo controlled. I also like the ideal that it will be shipped door to door by DHL . I expect to pay an additional cost for import duties and taxes, I will post those cost here, I'm guessing that DHL will pay those cost and I will pay DHL. One reason I don't mind buying from China is, if something goes wrong, as long as I can get the parts I can fix it. I have experience in electronics and have converted and or repaired many Bridgeport /CNC machines(steppers and servos), CNC routers tables. I also have many years experience in Medical lasers, so the machine does not bother me. The importing information does. I will let everyone know in order to help those who need it.
    Sorry for the long winded post.
    Mike
    1. 10 apr 2015 --- sent wire transfer -- cost to do wire transfer was $45.00
    2. Sent receipt to Thunder Laser @ 1:00 pm local

Update :
    13 apr 2015-- my bank made a mistake on the wire transfer papers , they spelled Thumder instead of Thunder , I had noticed this and asked the Lady to correct the mistake but she did not so I can only guess how long this will delay the laser

Wanted to add the money has already left my bank account.

Hi Biomed,

Just wanted to track your progress on this.

I'll be curious what the import fees will be and time in transit for DHL. Think the mini 60 is next on our list in a month or so. About to start up our mars60 in a week. Looks like a solid machine and the guys/gals at thunder have been great to deal with.

Good luck! Exciting to see thunder laser moving product!

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u66 View Post
    Hi Biomed,

Just wanted to track your progress on this.

I'll be curious what the import fees will be and time in transit for DHL. Think the mini 60 is next on our list in a month or so. About to start up our mars60 in a week. Looks like a solid machine and the guys/gals at thunder have been great to deal with.

Good luck! Exciting to see thunder laser moving product!
    Hi 2fast4u66,
    I'll post all the shipping and import fees plus shipping times. I just hope I can get the bank to fix their mistake fast, of course they say that the mistake shouldn't be a problem because all the other information is correct. I just hope it's corrected soon. I'll keep this updated.
    Mike

Good morning, received an e-mail from Nolan at Thunder Laser that they had received the wire transfer and will now start my Mini 60 plus
    Work up. I will keep this up dated as to the shipping and time frame plus customs cost and any other fees.
    Mike

Hello Mike, I notice this article just now, and thank you for sharing your experience with others, it can let more customers know our ThunderLaser.
    any news about machine, I will let you know in time.
    Have a nice day.

Hello Biomed,

It looks like you will get yours before I get mine. DHL will probably be pretty quick. Plus they can deliver right to your door. I cant use DHL with my Mars 90. I just got the video of mine working and sent off the final payment to Nolan.
    Like you I cant offer anyone information yet on the import fees.

I am happy for both of us. Keep the review going and I will too.

Gozzie

Hi Gozzie, like you said nothing more to report yet. I can't wait to see the shipping times, yours should be interesting. I wish there was a warehouse here in the states. By the way if I don't respond very fast it's because I've been busy with some other projects.
    Biomed

Nolan,
    You are welcome
    Mike

Update on Mini 60 Plus laser order,
    10 April 2015 -- sent wire transfer - cost of doing transfer $45.00
    13 April 2015 short delay with wire transfer due to my bank misspelling Thunder used and "m" inplace of "n"
    15 April 2015 wire transfer received by Thunder Laser
    5 May 2015 was notified by Nolan Yang that my machine was to be shipped of today..
    As soon as I get DHL tracking number I will start tracking and planning my day off of work to received my new laser....
    Updates to follow
    Biomed aka Mike

Quote Originally Posted by biomed View Post
    Update on Mini 60 Plus laser order,
    10 April 2015 -- sent wire transfer - cost of doing transfer $45.00
    13 April 2015 short delay with wire transfer due to my bank misspelling Thunder used and "m" inplace of "n"
    15 April 2015 wire transfer received by Thunder Laser
    5 May 2015 was notified by Nolan Yang that my machine was to be shipped of today..
    As soon as I get DHL tracking number I will start tracking and planning my day off of work to received my new laser....
    Updates to follow
    Biomed aka Mike
    6 May 2015 received DHL Tracking number

Smile Re: Ordering a Thunder Laser Mini60 Plus

Great news Mike, I am happy for you.
    Mines about half way across the ocean but it's on the way. Yours probably passed mine overhead
    Maybe we will learn these machines together. I have been practicing CorelDraw and RDworks in anticipation.
    I'm getting pretty good at the basics.

Gozzie

Good morning Gozzie,
    latest update by DHL says the laser will be delivered 8 May 2015 by the end of the day , I don't know if that is May 8th in China or here. So could be tomorrow or Saturday , either way I'm happy. And yes we can learn these machines together, I'll be happy to provide any help I can. I'm sure I can use your help. I have an older version of Corel draw I also so own Vcarve pro v8 ,and some other graphics/Cad programs and have access to Auto Cad. So if I can help I will.
    I let everyone know when it arrives and all the details so others maybe can do this. I will probility buy one like yours in the future. Anyway I'm getting excited, it has been a pleasure to work with Thunder Laser and Nolan, maybe some day I'll get to meet him.
    Have a great day
    Mike

Latest update on Thunder Laser Mini60
    Here it is just waiting on customs clearance .
    7 May 2015 --3:11 received email from DHL requesting FDA Form 2877 and information name address and SSN #
    7 May 2015 -- 4:09 provided DHL with all requested information
    Below you can see the fast shipping provided by DHL and Thunder laser, I'm impressed.
    Now I'm just waiting on DHL or The FDA to tell me how much and how to pay all duties and fees

Friday, May 08, 2015 Location Time
    8 Clearance event CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 06:59
    7 Processed for clearance at CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 06:01
    6 Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USA CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 03:26
    Thursday, May 07, 2015 Location Time
    5 Customs status updated CINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 12:35
    4 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 21:27
    3 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG 21:25
    2 Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG HONG KONG - HONG KONG

Waiting for next step
    Mike

UpDate:8 May 2015 -- 4:40 pm EST just received and email from DHL they are waiting for FDA/Customs to do their thing was told the process will approximately 3 to 5 business days

Mike

Latest up date

8 May 2015 -- 9:05 pm est

Further Detail:
    Due to the nature of the goods, specific authorization is required from a regulatory authority other than Customs for further clearance
    Next Step:
    Further processing will occur as instructed by the regulatory authority. A DHL representative shall attempt to contact the importer or shipper if further details are required

This as posted by DHL
    Mike

Hi Mike,

It sounds like DHL is acting on your behalf like a broker. Nolan sent me an email with 4 or 5 documents in it.
    FDA sheet, telex release, bill of laden, and couple of others. You may want to email Nolan to see if you need these for DHL
    Either way it sounds like DHL will take care of you. They know what to do. Be patient Mike. It will all work out.
    We will both be happy very soon.

Gozzie

Hi Gozzie,
    Nolan also emailed me the FDA form and invoice which I had to complete and this is the form that DHL requested and I emailed to them. Yes you are correct I do need to be patient. I do believe that everything will work out for both of us and this will maybe help others wanting to get these. Well back to yard work, have a great weekend
    Thanks
    Mike

Page 1 of 3 123