587,754 active members*
2,814 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma User Task II G,F,M Status

Hybrid View

Okuma User Task II G,F,M Status

I am looking to find the status of various G,F,M codes on an E100L lathe control with User Task II.

On my mill (700M) I use VFCOD, VGCOD[#] and VMCOD[#] but I can't find the equivalent command on the lathe.

Example: VGCOD[12] returns 90 for absolute motion or 91 for relative.

Anyone know how to do it?

Question

I don't believe that it can be done on an Okuma lathe. That being said, there are tons of system variables available to use so if you were to give more details of what you are trying to accomplish...there may be another way to get done what you want to do.

Please don't ask me why Okuma lathes and Mills are so different when they are software driven and the hardware is the same...we've all been asking Okuma the same question for years! (maybe here's a good idea for the P300 control :withstupi)

I write various subroutine on my mill where I just read the feed from VFCOD. This lets me set the feed in the main program and saves sending arguments. For parametric geometry I wind up sending a lot of parameters, so it's nice to cut things out. I use VGCOD to determine if the feed is in /rev or /min so I can convert it properly etc.

I would like to set my subs up on my MacTurn the same way but it means writing a parameter every time I change feed which is impractical.

Also on the Macturn, I have written my own sub for tool changes. I have an optional stop that lets me check the insert before a change. However, it would be nice to flip the tool over to actually see the insert. For that I need the equivalent of VMCOD so I can tell if the tool is in M602 or M603 orientation.

The Macturn is so much more of a handful to program, I really need feedback status on things like constant fpm speed, mill mode, coord conversion etc or it will error on switching spindles etc. I could use common var's and I do use a lot for setting the machine up, but it gets complicated to program if I'm writing vars for machine status items.

The mill control has so many nice programming features in User Task II that, like yourself, I can't figure out why the lathe is so poor. Even if they are different programmers, all they have to do is talk. Even any angle chamfering is a different dialect - that should have been easy to keep the same.