586,497 active members*
2,737 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma Multus B300 Turret X center alignment

Okuma Multus B300 Turret X center alignment

Hai...
    Recently multus b300 had a serious collision and caused B-axis curvic clamp position runout, main spindle headstock runout and also turret X center runout... So far B-axis curvic clamp and headstock aligned in machine spec.
    Turret X center i try to adjust using X & Y axis. Using dial gauge on test bar that fixed on M-spindle and adjust in 0.005mm tolerance. Cal the actual position in system parameter X & YI.
    1st problem
    Now the YI value not same for both spindle and its caused an alarm when switch the main or sub spindle.
    Alarm - 4305 ALARM-D Y-Axis not turning position.
    2nd problem
    After center adjustment, test piece results center out 0.670mm.
    Check again the center, dial gauge results is -0.046mm since in previous adjustment it was +0.005mm.

Please let me know that the method i used for adjust X center is correct or not.
    If no kindly advise me the correct method.
    How to solve the alarm?
    Please share your experience.

Thank you
    Vkrau.

Re: Okuma Multus B300 Turret X center alignment

Now the YI value not same for both spindle and
    You need to adjust mechanically the spindles to be co-axial

Call the authorised Okuma techs for your region, this is not something you want to mees with your self

You need to change the Turning position parameter to match the new Y zero value, and also the tool change return position parameters to the same value. If you have a sub spindle that will need to be changed too

He need to do a alot more than that! He needs his Turning center offset mesuread and mabye corrected. He needs his ATC change position measured, he needs his touch setter calibrated, he needs to change his Home position besides all the stuff you said. To measure X 0 use a dial indicator mounted solid to the chuck i use a piece of aluminium with a hole to hold the indicator and the mount the aluminium in the chuck jaws. Then mount a tool with a so small lenght as possible with a ground hole and use that to measure X and Y zero.

I already tried all the stuffs that u all mentioned. Still the runout is quite big... 0.040mm out M spindle inner taper for 150mm. B-axis curvic clamp table runout coused X and Y position runout. Same time the runout results for 5 pieces is not constant. So far this is current situation that im facing now and ask Okuma Japan for support to settle this mis alignment. Thank you for reply and advises. I will share the method of alignment once settle this machine...
    Thank you .