587,655 active members*
4,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

OK what is this software?

OK what is this software and what does it do?

It is CNC software that is integrated into SolidWorks. They are a SolidWorks gold partner meaning there software can operate inside of SolidWorks not just attached. I have been very happy with the softwares speed of processing and also layout and options. When I update a part I do not have to start over with my cutter paths it is updated for me. I was a prior MasterCam user and was not happy at that time with MasterCams ability to work with solids that was version 8.1 I believe. Also I felt that mastercam took a very long time to process. I do miss some of the features that mastercam has but I would trade the speed anytime. We do fine finish cutting and this makes for huge files. CamWorks started as solids based software from the start. And does not try to be a CAD program but instead relies on SolidWorks.

Does anyone else use this software.

grantmi1, I know you have made the change and all is good but just so you know the newer version of Mastercam is much faster then 8.1 being 9.1 and alot more features including alot more tools for 5-axis.

But I am intersested in see your thoughts on Tech-soft.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Thanks and if you look at CamWorks home page they are adding more, I am so excited. Oh and remember open mind open mind.Teksoft

Oh and I would consider MasterCam again after they go to a windows interface. I will be open to looking at all CNC programs again at some point. I dont believe in staying with a program just because. After it has turned a profit and we are still busy I will evaluate again. If it is the best then I will keep it.

grantmi1 are version 10 or as it will be called Version X will be a big new change.
    I have seen a little all ready.

As for me and other cadcam softwares I will play but not change.
    I am a Die hard when it comes to MC.
    But I do have an open mind as for looking at the others.

I am also not saying that MC is the best software,but is one of the top ones and has improved for sure over the years sense I started making molds with it in Version 2.

One of my good friends is a dealer of Solidworks and Teksoft.
    I am going to try and go out soon and play with the teksoft some.

Have a great holiday.

Jay
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Ej, or Jorge?

Thanks hope you had a good holiday too

Is there a Camworks that works with Autocad?

I know their is CAM systems that do but I do not remember which.

I have been using Camworks now for 3 years, with evey new release it impresses me even more. The fact that it runs within Solidworks is great. I use to use Ideas, and that software was very difficult to use, to many icons, Camworks is very easy to use, espically when the Technology data Base is set up.

You post in Teksoft forums too right?

Yeah, I go there about once a week to try and pick up on some new tricks or ideas.

Cool thought so, welcome if your new if not uh , HI. Ive been really happy with the software but I am definately craving some more high speed features.

Isn't the new release suppose to have high speed capabilities?

Isn't it CAMWorks that is there swx module?

I've used ProCAM for nearly 10 years now in fab (punch/laser). Dreadful, hideous, kludged mess of a program. It's development has been stagnant, with no real advances since it was ported from DOS.

Jorge and EJ have provided firs rate service for a 3rd rate product that is produced by a fourth rate company. Support from On-Course is non-existent from my perspective. They have a forum on which you can get virtually no response from. I'd go into the issues with the software, but I've done this on the TS forum, to TS personell and through my VAR.

I really hate the company and the program. It has cost me thousands in scrap and wasted time. Sorry to be so negative, but this comes from daily usage of the app for nearly ten years. I've used other pacjkages and have seen the best of what's out there. When I finaly get around to purchasing MetaCAM, I'll give my copy of TS to my competitor for free in the hopes that he'll use it.

Hi Grantmi and ttodd,
    This is Kirbyj from the TS forum. I just found this site.
    I've used both MC and CWx and found that if I could combine them into one it would rule. I found that the transition from MC to CWx was extremely difficult at first, however I have an extremely hard time now going back to MC. Although MC has alot more options than CWx, it's posts are easier to edit and actually have variables. My take on the two: Mastercam- cut it anyway, anywhere, anytime, anyhow it just takes time. Camworks: get it done in a hurry, it's just sometimes you can't do it the way you would like.
    I have seats of both and find that MC is cheaper to keep up to date. I will be updating to MC X when it's out, but I will not get rid of CWx either. Both are good depending on your situation. I'm very particular when it comes to the way my code is posted so I always prefer the ease that I can edit the post processors in MC.
    Some folks, like blisters, show up after all the work is done.

Originally posted by dherbman
    Isn't it CAMWorks that is there swx module?

I've used ProCAM for nearly 10 years now in fab (punch/laser). Dreadful, hideous, kludged mess of a program. It's development has been stagnant, with no real advances since it was ported from DOS.

Jorge and EJ have provided firs rate service for a 3rd rate product that is produced by a fourth rate company. Support from On-Course is non-existent from my perspective. They have a forum on which you can get virtually no response from. I'd go into the issues with the software, but I've done this on the TS forum, to TS personell and through my VAR.

I really hate the company and the program. It has cost me thousands in scrap and wasted time. Sorry to be so negative, but this comes from daily usage of the app for nearly ten years. I've used other pacjkages and have seen the best of what's out there. When I finaly get around to purchasing MetaCAM, I'll give my copy of TS to my competitor for free in the hopes that he'll use it.

Amen to that my man!!!!!!! lol. You dont fancy coming to England and concvincing my bosses too do you? lol. Ive been using Teksoft for design and 2d/3d mill machining for longer than I want to admit to.

I cannot comment on Camworks, but I hear its pretty good. However, its what they should have spent thier time investing in in thier original Procam programs which have laid pretty much dormant for well over a decade!! lol.

I can not express what a dumb program this is in regards of CAD and inputting of foriegn CAD data, even DXF's and DWG's are completely and utterly rubbish. Quite pathetic in a modern world.

Camworks, Id guess its relatively clean and user friendly....Im just jealous the money wasnt spent on bringing thier original platform upto a true windows operating code and introducing ANY intelligence to the program, nevermind creation of parametric solids we only dreampt of, lol.

I saw a copy of Teksoft Procam on ebay for sale with machining modules touted as the "Best CADCAM package on the planet" or something. I almost wet my pants in laughter! If you can find it still, have a look, its so funny Im sure its sarcastic or the guy was desperate to get rid or something!. Perhaps brainwashed? I dunno.

Camworks.......worth a try
    Procam, unlike the guy above, I wouldnt even wish on a rival, Im not that cruel! lol.

Sirius.