I will introduce myself first.
Back in 2008 or 2009 I had the urge to build a CNC Router. This was to do some simple cutouts, roughing out plugs for molds, or doing some simple carving. I then became a member of CNCZone, and found it to be an excellent source of very professional and knowledgeable DIY builders/makers. I have been quietly lurking and admiring builds now and again. I have not posted anything until now, and needless to say it has taken me until now to start my first CNC Router build. Now I have time and lots of desire to start my build.

The plan is to build a sturdy well built table base from wood, and pour a concrete top (like a pour in place countertop). The table itself would be 3" thick 5ft x 5ft because I would like a full 48" of travel. ( I live in the United States, so I use freedom units) I am thinking I can get the top of the table very close to level and then grind the concrete close to flat while it is still semi green, then finish level / flatten it with self leveling epoxy.
The base that holds this will be made from pine. 6x6 for the legs and 2x6 for support (joists).

I did manage to start drawing it up.