587,252 active members*
3,481 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > News Announcements > New!2200W 3000~10000RPM BLDC Motor Controller
Page 5 of 13 34567
    There Are Alot of us waiting......

From what John told me, we're waiting on the Chinese New Year celebration to end.

Richard

Yes, I would like to know as well. It is about to become my slow season around here and I will have more time to work and I have some lengthy projects that I would like to get done. But, I don't want to be in the middle of a project, then tear the mill down to change the board.

Any ideas Zhang?

What if they don't fix it, are we all stuck with $500 bricks? I know some of you said yours was somewhat usable but mine isn't. John asked that I be patient and wait. I'm trying.....

Richard

No, something will be done.

The reason my unit is still in use is because of my pulley ratios. I am increasing my torque by 2 in order to get a usable mill until this is resolved. Those that have a 1:1 ratio or worse, are really where the issue is a killer.

I'm also still running the factory 2:1 ratio.

Richard

Hmmm, I am not having any issues with stalling unless I get real aggressive with my cutting during roughing operations, but it has happened.

What are you seeing with yours? "Bit size and type, speeds and feeds"

The Chinese New Year celebration was over on the 10th and they should be back to work now. Let's see if *anything* happens.

I had a video up but I took it down until we could see how this would be resolved.

I mentioned at 6000 RPM with a 0.125" 2 flute HSS end mill was causing pretty bad speed variances but it didn't stall, just slow response.

Then I mentioned trying to cut cast iron with a 1/2" 4 flute HSS end mill just totally stalling the spindle. The cast iron cut was a circular pocket 1.500" ID and a total depth of 0.100". Plunge Rate @ 1 ipm, cut 2 ipm, DOC 0.025" Motor RPM 600, Spindle RPM 300. I actually had to kick the RPM way up so the motor wouldn't stall. I don't think I would even try steel.

Tapping Mode, yeah right. Tapping mode at 500 motor RPM or 250 spindle RPM was a joke. Two fingers will stall it. I don't think it would tap anything.

Factory motor is going back in next weekend if I don't hear anything. If I worked strickly in aluminum and used very light cuts it might stand a chance. Maybe my controller is bad, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by cjdavis618 View Post
    Hmmm, I am not having any issues with stalling unless I get real aggressive with my cutting during roughing operations, but it has happened.

What are you seeing with yours? "Bit size and type, speeds and feeds"

It makes no sense to leave it in if it's not an improvement over the original. I don't think it's bad form if you post a video, in fact it would probably be good therapy to 'let off some steam'. I'd be furious is I spent all that money and ended up with a lemon with zero support. Let's face it, if you're running a manufacturing business and you have a faulty product, you move heaven and earth to fix it and minimise the inconvenience to the customer, not go off on holidays!

Actually, Sangmutan responded tonight about the CN15 hookup to Mach but never addressed the other part of the question regarding the torque and speed compensation issues.

Here is quick short one showing the omighty torque this creature has....
    Excuse the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bICfJUAeWCU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bICfJUAeWCU

There is either something bad wrong with this or the motor/controller is not any good. Others say a slight bog down when using a face mill, however you can't Tap with it, an 0.125" end mill in aluminum taking light cuts at 6000 rpm has the motor hunting real bad and forget trying to cut steel or cast iron at slower speeds because it will instantly stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Steoh View Post
    It makes no sense to leave it in if it's not an improvement over the original. I don't think it's bad form if you post a video, in fact it would probably be good therapy to 'let off some steam'. I'd be furious is I spent all that money and ended up with a lemon with zero support. Let's face it, if you're running a manufacturing business and you have a faulty product, you move heaven and earth to fix it and minimise the inconvenience to the customer, not go off on holidays!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bICfJUAeWCU"]YouTube - Sangmutan BLDC Mill Motor and Controller from KelingInc[/nomedia]

That is unbelievable.

Looking at your videos, I think your controller and motor is worse than mine. I still have to really bear down on mine to stop it.

But regardless, it shouldn't be that we have waited this long for a fix. I am about at my patience limit with this deal and Keling is close to getting both of these motor sets back in short term and refunding.

:stickpoke

I think I'm going to email John tomorrow about returning this setup. I will just go with a VFD and 3ph motor. I'm done jacking around. I guess we will find out how well Keling honors this.

John at Keling has tried to help but it's out of his hands.

I guess that is the route I will be headed with also.

From what John told me while he was at China, Novakon, Syil and some other mill manufacturers are using this same kit. So I can imagine that there are a bunch of pissed off mill owners besides just us.

Surely something is being done.

unfortunate

Just following along with all this.

BTW if you look in the Novakon section they are having issues also.

Matt

John always seems great to work with. Since I'm needing to buy servos for the RF45 project he will be crediting the BLDC system towards it.

This response just in from from Sangmutan...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg"]YouTube - Cricket Sound[/nomedia]

Lol.

Hello,
    Can we just use granite device cnc to control this motor? How about voltage and power, this driver only good to 1500 watt motor as in manual. Thanks.

Page 5 of 13 34567