587,482 active members*
3,281 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > New revision PCB's and coolant operation

New revision PCB's and coolant operation

As number of us have found, the documentation (such as it is) for the older revision boards doesn't tie up with the new revision boards.

First example being the spindle controller. No RPM jumper as mentioned in the documentation on the Syil America site and the described lock mode seems to have been removed...along with half of the components. You'll see the relay positions empty in the picture.

I found some helpful pictures that helped to wire the coolant pump in this thread from simonetz:
    http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42861

From his pictures it appears the wiring connects to the spindle board, but I have no relays on mine. Looking at the G-code board below you will see terminals called Flood and also a relay output.

Even though I wired up to the relay I can't seem to get any meaningful control of it in Mach3 and I'm not sure (yet to remove the board) what the functionality of the flood terminals is.

Anyone got any ideas?...besides the probable eventuality of wiring an hard on/off switch!

I mentioned the lack of coolant relays on the "new" spindle controller boards to Syil China and they advised me that the coolant relays are now located on the "new" parallel port interface board. They have promised to send me a new parallel interface board with the coolant relays fitted.

Regards

Chrisjh

Chris do you know if the new parallel port board is different from the one in my second picture? It's a 1.3

As you can see I wired to it but can't seem to get Mach3 to switch it. If I set Output 1 to use pin 3 I can hear it click if I check the active high/low column, but no program commands seem to be able to switch it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong in Mach3?

I think by default Mach3 uses output 2 for the coolant. Also there is a checkbox in the port pins->spindle setup screen to turn it on, do you have that enabled?

Thanks presslab I'd overlooked that setting. I can now control the relay with M08 & 9 commands.