586,058 active members*
4,208 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Need Spindle Help with Arrow 500 FNC

Need Spindle Help with Arrow 500 FNC

I bought a 1994 CM Arrow 500 with the FNC control. It had been sitting for quite some time so I had to reload all the software (all from CNCZONE, so thanks for that, by the way). All the axis home out fine but the spindle wont turn, while holding the "orient" button, I get error#9174 s axis datum not found. I can spin the spindle by hand and get the machine to reference, but after that when i give an M3 command, still nothing, then it gives a #7008 error spindle ACC/DEC time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

spindle woes....

Quote Originally Posted by hacksaw6150 View Post
    I bought a 1994 CM Arrow 500 with the FNC control. It had been sitting for quite some time so I had to reload all the software (all from CNCZONE, so thanks for that, by the way). All the axis home out fine but the spindle wont turn, while holding the "orient" button, I get error#9174 s axis datum not found. I can spin the spindle by hand and get the machine to reference, but after that when i give an M3 command, still nothing, then it gives a #7008 error spindle ACC/DEC time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Hey man not sure if I can help you but Ill try. I have the same exact machine you have here and also bought it with a known problem. I also had to reload all the parameters into the control. Unfortunately for me the electric issues I was having forced me to go the retrofit route. However before I did that I tried everything and I remember that there are some specific parameters for the spindle control as well as toolchange alignment that must be in there properly before the machine will fully align and be ready for use. You have to access them in the service mode by turning on the machine while holding down a little button on the back of the power supply I think it was. That starts the machine in service mode and allows you access to the parameters. There are some service bulletin papers that can be emailed to you about how to proceed with it and I would be glad to send them to you were it not for the fact that my laptop crashed taking everything with it. However I can tell you that the man you want to speak to is Rob Varney from MAG Fadal etc. He knows this machine inside and out and was EXTREMELY HELPFUL and patient when I was trying to get my machine running with the original control. He can email you all the info you will need to accomplish the setting setup. I also have his contact information if you need it.

I also have the original programming manuals for the CT FNC control here that I am gonna sell for a reasonable price if you need them I was about to pop them on eBay here soon. Anyways good luck with your machine they are nice stout little monsters and I think you will be very happy once you get it running. Peace

Pete

thanks for the reply, Pete. I'll try to contact Mr. Varney.
    let me know what you have for sale that will fit my machine.

hey man...

Sorry but I already sold off all of the electronics I will not be using in my machine but as I said I still have the original manuals for the CT FNC CONTROL. Ill pm you when I get home and let you know what manuals I have that I can let go of. I will also send you Robs contact info. Peace...

Pete

Re: Need Spindle Help with Arrow 500 FNC

Hello there
    we have a CT-FNC CNC
    I want the software bacup and reload give the machine
    thank you for helping me
    here is my email [email protected]

Re: Need Spindle Help with Arrow 500 FNC

Hello
    there A cnc machine is a CT-FNC
    I need the software for backup machine and the procedure followed
    Thank you to help us