587,925 active members*
3,693 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Need Display Bridgeport R2E3 with Boss 8

Hello again,
    I found the problem that I mentioned in an earliery post but now I need a display for my R2E3. It has the LCD two line display. Anyone know of any sources for these?

Thanks,
    H. Howard

H Search BPTPARTSRUS on Ebay I have found he has lot's of NOS BPT stuff also check with MCS in Tx. googel bptcnc repair they will come up they have a lot of part's I think I have the # for some one with an R23E in TX. for sale in the $2000.00 price range may even have pic's PM me Good luck Kevin

Lcd

I had a problem with my display, that it would show only some segments. I removed the LCD modual and found that it was soaked in oil from the quill cover leaking over many years. The LCD makes contact to the circuit board attached via a "zebra cable". This cable is like a square piece of rubber 1/8", it makes contact between the board and LCD with pressure from two pieces of foam (top and bottom), if the foam has deteriated there is not enough pressure to make contact. If you think this may be of help and need further info, please do not hesitate to e-mail.

As far as replacement LCD, this has been dicontinued by the supplier, and since the driver circuit is behind, lots of work to modify to another two line lcd. You might check with companies that retrofit to newer CNC control or loook at newsgroups so involved, to see if someone has one