586,031 active members*
3,013 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need corel help

I found this box on the web and I wanted to make it bigger, so I typed in the size I thought I wanted but now it doesn't fit together right. I want it 14 inch's long and 4 inches wide and deep inside. for 3mm material. can anyone tell me how to make it come out right?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thnx
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Need corel help

Did you make sure that the lock next to the dimensions is unlocked? Just click on it to unlock it. Then you can change either dimension. If it is locked, when one dimension is changed the other will change accordingly. I misread your post and what you needed. I have had similar problems setting a different size on boxes like that. When you change a dimension in one direction, it changes the size of the tabs and the inserts, so they no longer fit together. It can be done but you have to do one part at a time. The go through the whole part and change the tabs and cutouts to accommodate the smaller or larger size. It is a pain in the butt.

Milt

Yes but that doesn't make a difference. Changing the size mess's up the whole thing. There has to be a way to make it bigger and keep everything in proportion .

Quote Originally Posted by mondo50m View Post
    Did you make sure that the lock next to the dimensions is unlocked? Just click on it to unlock it. Then you can change either dimension. If it is locked, when one dimension is changed the other will change accordingly. I misread your post and what you needed. I have had similar problems setting a different size on boxes like that. When you change a dimension in one direction, it changes the size of the tabs and the inserts, so they no longer fit together. It can be done but you have to do one part at a time. The go through the whole part and change the tabs and cutouts to accommodate the smaller or larger size. It is a pain in the butt.

Milt

Sorry, but not that I am aware of.

Milt

hi bigbird
    no there is no other way in CorelDraw to resize such drawings who have tabs and cutouts. I have to do this all the time because I change the material , after some experiments you get use to it .
    you can select all cutouts who are in the same direction and then resize them at ones but for the tabs you can do this also but its a bit different .
    if you send me the original file and tell me what size and material thickness you wana use it maybe I can help you out.
    send it to my PM
    greetings
    waltfl

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird48 View Post
    I found this box on the web and I wanted to make it bigger, so I typed in the size I thought I wanted but now it doesn't fit together right. I want it 14 inch's long and 4 inches wide and deep inside. for 3mm material. can anyone tell me how to make it come out right?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thnx

it seems there's problem with your box file:
    Attachment 255850

here's a box file from us,
    Laser wood cutting - Lampshade cutting (chrysanthemum)

you can edit it with the help of below website:
    MakerCase - Easy Laser Cut Case Design

any more question,
    you can ask me again freely.
    www.thunderlaser.com