587,518 active members*
3,093 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

My G0704 Craigslist Find!!

My Craigslist Find 2 Months old Almost 1/2 the Delivered price with tax because it came with a 4" Vice!. Left me enough to get some tooling etc! In the process of hanging 1/2" OSB in my cubbyhole while waiting on some tooling should be able to make some chips mid to end of next week unless i get calld to pick up an abandoned plane in Greenland and take it to Thailand! My plan is to CNC this machine!

Now I have a few questions to save some time? Who makes a good belt drive kit the no V belt?
    Any one make the column spacers?
    I want to be able to run CNC and Manual look at the kit on fleabay but have no found any reviews?

Attachment 220146

My Blog

Better Photo... Now that my cubbyhole is turning in to a shop!

Thats a heck of a find. I had been looking on CL forever for a G0704 or similar and never found anything. I did get lucky with a G0602 over the summer that I got with a QCTP and a lot of tooling for about half price, but never a G0704. Looks very clean.

Nice score you will have alot of fun with it.
    G0704, Craftsman 101.07403.4x6

AVRnj, I would love to find a G0602 used would be much better then my little mini lathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Contract_Pilot View Post
    AVRnj, I would love to find a G0602 used would be much better then my little mini lathe.
    Yeah, it was a good find and I am happy with it. I bought the CNC conversion kit from Billy (bdtools) pretty much as soon as I got it, and for the price of the conversion kit and the lathe itself, I paid about what I would have paid for a brand new G0602 when I consider all the tooling and the QCTP.

I personally use my CNC'd X2 much more than my CNC lathe though, but still very nice to have both.

Good luck with your G0704, looks great.

Yea, it has been fun so far but been wanting to make the shop clean and bright for some time I only have a 10'D x 20'W area to work in. 6 T5 HO 2 bulb fixtures across the 20' span is hella bright. One day I plan on getting he G4003G so I can turn some larger items.

Quote Originally Posted by Contract_Pilot View Post
    Yea, it has been fun so far but been wanting to make the shop clean and bright for some time I only have a 10'D x 20'W area to work in. 6 T5 HO 2 bulb fixtures across the 20' span is hella bright. One day I plan on getting he G4003G so I can turn some larger items.

I have a small shop too, makes it tight. The G4003G is the one I would buy too if I had the room and funds, seems like a great value with the stand and the QCTP.