587,628 active members*
2,909 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

my first 3D piece

Hello al,

After many hours of first building my machine (rockcliff A model) and countless hours of trial and error i finaly did my first 3D piece.
    I had absolutely no experience with cnc/autocad/mach3/lazycam before i started to built my cnc router,but like i said above thru many hours of trial and error i can show my first 3D piece.
    To many of you it might not look like a big deal since a lot of you have so much experience either thru your job or many hours a hobbist but for me it is a milestone.
    The piece i cut is a face and it is only the rough cut you can see in the picture, Tommorow is going to be the finished cut.

Caddy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG3143.jpg  

thas impressive mate. i'm just about to get to that stage but mine seems a bit flexible. did you have any problems like that? also what tools were you using and what kind of feed rate?

Congrats!!

I am still building, I would be "over the moon" if/when I achieve what you have just done.
    Really, really great.
    Regards
    Der Fisherman

Cool as a moose! You've done well.

Quote Originally Posted by wassupcrew View Post
    thas impressive mate. i'm just about to get to that stage but mine seems a bit flexible. did you have any problems like that? also what tools were you using and what kind of feed rate?
    Thank you guy's for the friendly comments.
    To answer your question wassupcrew i used a 3/16 ballnose and the feed rate was 20

caddy

Nice Job !
    I am still in 2D mode. Arch window, cabinet trim and corner blocks for doors. Maybe this winter I can get as far as you have.

Congratulations!

Nice work, but it couldn't have been that hard for you... your ash tray is only half-full of butts.

Looks great Caddy. That isthe type of work i am looking to do, although my machine is still in pieces.

3d face off

Hi
    good piece:banana:
    Keep it up!
    Ted
    If you are going to be a Bear... then be a Grizzly!

Very nice!

I'm kind of envious of you because right now my CNC's computer is just randomly shutting down.

It's always a great feeling to see the first real piece.

great work

Hello Caddy,
    Great accomplishment, we will be anxious to see it after the finish pass. Thanks for posting the picture.
    Regards,
    Regards,
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by 725franky View Post
    Very nice!

I'm kind of envious of you because right now my CNC's computer is just randomly shutting down.

It's always a great feeling to see the first real piece.

great work

not to thread jack but random shutdowns are very often a heat issue. Make sure your fan(s) aren't seized

Hi
    If the PC is shutting down,have you checked the CPU fan beening cloged. DONOT use vac as this may damaged the PC due to static. Compressed air in tin or vac on blow. fixed my PC this way.
    Kevin
    PS my machine X=800mm Y=800mm Z=150. have problem setting up the z plate to be at 90 degs to X over 150mm 0.15 mm out but keeps changing. Just have to check what I have done.

Nice work buddy.That's really a great job !

Quote Originally Posted by 59caddy View Post
    Hello al,

After many hours of first building my machine (rockcliff A model) and countless hours of trial and error i finaly did my first 3D piece.
    I had absolutely no experience with cnc/autocad/mach3/lazycam before i started to built my cnc router,but like i said above thru many hours of trial and error i can show my first 3D piece.
    To many of you it might not look like a big deal since a lot of you have so much experience either thru your job or many hours a hobbist but for me it is a milestone.
    The piece i cut is a face and it is only the rough cut you can see in the picture, Tommorow is going to be the finished cut.

Caddy
    Hi

nice cuts, your setup looks good, I remember getting my CNC running, and actually cutting the first pc. it was a big deal for me !!! keep up the good work

Mac

Talking kudos to all.

First off, nice job! I cant wait to be to that point. I have just started my research before I start to build my router. I don't know much, but I am learning alot from cnczone. Second it is awesome how encouraging everyone is. Keep up the good work.

well done, you ROCK

this is indeed a great site lot of support here,
    I haven't finished the project just yet,firts there was the "honeydolist" then the laptop acted up and had to replace it with a desktop (something to do with the parallel port and voltage mach realy doent like laptops with out a smooth stepper) then i screwed up 2 pieces by making dumb mistakes.
    But one thing is for sure i'am having a lot of fun
    Once i have completed the project i will post a picture

Caddy