587,322 active members*
3,133 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > Mori NL3000 booting into PLC Programming and not Mapps II

Mori NL3000 booting into PLC Programming and not Mapps II

Our Mori NL3000 lathe has started booting into PLC programming instead of MAPPSII, Right before this started happening one of the guys was switching the "I/O device" from "user area" to "usb memory". However he changed it to "network" by accident and the machine locked up. After rebooting is when the problem began. Now I really don't think that has anything to do with it, but just in case there it is. The only error message I the machine will give is: "RMS UNIT ABNORMALITY2 EX4558". But that's only after it's been on for a while, maybe an hour or so.

I've tried hooking up a keyboard and alt-tabbing to the windows desktop and running MAPPSII from there, it won't load and doesn't give any sort of error message.

Anyways if anyone has any ideas on what to try or theories as to whats going on it would be much appreciated. Oh and the controller is a MSX-850IV if that helps.

Thanks.

First thing I'd try is re seating the memory card in the back of the screen. It has a cover over it you need to remove, then press the eject button. Re seat it and try, however.. That alarm indicates trouble with the machine hardware, ie main board. Boot up and watch the main board display in the cabinet.

Thanks for the reply Underthetire. I tried re-seating the memory card, no luck. And I opened up the back and took a look at the main board. But honestly I have no idea what I'm looking at. So if the problem is something related to that, I will just let a professional deal with it. They say they have a guy coming in from Mori later this week, maybe. I guess we'll see.

But thanks again for the ideas, it's much appreciated.