587,349 active members*
3,954 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

modbus device

I saw this device(CB280) which has 49 I/O lines on ebay with link to product home page.
    This looked good till I saw the other stuff they make.
    The CB290 has 91 I/O lines ,RTC and option for Data Memory Back-up.
    They say its modbus compatable has plc logic and runs basic code.
    They also have a touch screen with I/O built in the unit that looks like it would make a gerat operator panal.
    The link is http://cubloc.com/index.php.
    When using modbus does mach still use PP for step/dir ?

yes mach still uses pp. modbus is for IO such as MPG,jog buttons,spindle control, remote pendants, contol a PLC for automatic toolchanger. for step and direction you can use PP, grex, and there is going to be a coulpe of new ones coming.

I got it....It works!

The CB280 works just fine with Mach3.....you have to wright the code for the CB280 to communicate but it is not that hard.....the only issue I am having is handleing how the CB280 handles a computer crash.....I worked it out with the charge pump circuit.......if you need help email to [email protected] ......low cost, basic language and ladder....good docs....and great support.......I am very happy with it....

Paul:rainfro:

How/What do you use the CB280 to do? I can see it being a great for human interface but maybe not so good for machine control. Do you have to load the logic in to the CB every time you power it up? Plus a picture says a thousand words.

You can use it for anything. Tool changer sequenc,pallet changer..etc....I use it for part of the E-stop, M3,M4,M7,M8 functions, Waylube, drive enable....you can pretty much use it for just about anything you can do with any other plc, it has good analog to digital capabilities also....it is all in how you wright the logic....I would like to use it for remote I/O, it would keep you from having to run miles of wire through the machine.....

Paul:rainfro:

it also retains the program when powered down.....program in the unit will run when power is applied....

Paul

Do you poll the CB from your macro pump thru RS232? Would you post some of the scrip and a pic?
    My control cabinet is getting full fast.
    Drew :cheers:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hncPCcabinet.JPG  

I will try to get you a pic and some code.....go to comfile technology website.....you can find more info there.....just use the RS-232 on the PC and the com1 on the board for the CB280.....if you use the cb280 protoboard you can build your own circuit.....if you set up mach3 correctly and all you want to track are mach3 I/O points then all you have to do is put in the code for the modbus rtu slave and mach 3 will directly read and write to the pins if you configure them. YOU MUST WRITE CODE TO KILL ANY OUTPUTS IF YOU LOOSE THE CHARGE PUMP SIGNAL FROM THE PC. You can use this to extend the I/O capabilities of mach 3 instead of just using the parallel port.

the web site for this is http://cubloc.com. Look at the CB290. It has 96 I/O points. you don't need the screen. the manual and software are a free download.It has built in stepper routines to output to a drive. I can't say anything bad about this controller. It is very small. Look at 32M board for the cb280. It is SMALL. you can interface direct to OPTO22 modules. Take a look at it and see what you think but I have'nt found to much you can't do with it...

They also have a video of a CUBLOC running with MACH3: http://cubloc.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.p...7fec3a9c94c54e

Max is also on the MachSupport forum.
    Dennis

I did not know that.....COOL!

I contacted Max about three weeks ago to make a video of Mach3 and CubLoc working together and what do you know he made one. These guys have their game down. They sould be very succesful in the DIY cnc community.
    I'm trying to get him to put together a program for tool changer control.
    Dennis

I love the thing....I have been working on CNC and PLC controls for over 20 years....A little bit of everything, AB,GE,Fanuc,Mitsubishi,Omron,Cincinnati Milacron,etc.....and this cubloc is awsome.....My only complaint is that needs more high speed counters......correct me if I'm wrong but I think they are only two...the modbus works great....you just have to make sure it knows if the PC is not running.......easily done with charge pump and e-stop wiring.....and by the way.....They are going to be huge success in the Industrial community as well....:rainfro:

I looked for the video and didn't find any with a mach3 machine.
    Did see several of Max doing some coding.
    Do you have a direct link ti the video?
    Thanks Drew

Here is a link to the video:
    http://zedomax.com/blog/2007/02/06/c...ach3-software/

Take a look at the rst of the blog, has some good info.
    Dennis