587,480 active members*
3,369 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > mirror transformation in MasterCAM

mirror transformation in MasterCAM

I am working on two boeing parts. They are opposite to each other. But, I just have one model. How can I make a mirror transformation in MasterCAM to get the other one? Does anyone have experience on doing this? Please help!

What version are you using? Do you want the mirrored part in the same file as the original?

You can use " xform > mirror " then pick the an axis or mirror around a line. If the model utilizes a lot of levels, it may be easier to keep track by saving the original as different file first then mirror the entity/entities. If not, you can also create the mirror on a different level at the time of making the copy.
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....

psychomill, thank you for the response.
    I need to put "opposite to each other" more clearly. If you have a paper drawing for part A, you will see part B, which is opposite to A, by looking from the back side of the paper.
    Right now, I have a 3D model for A, how can I create the 3D model for B in MasterCAM?
    I feel it should be some mirror transformation around some axis. But i did not figure out how to do that mathematically.
    Thanks

xform/mirror

select geometry, done.

select either X or Y axis, Line, or 2 Points

Done

select copy, OK
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Yes, it is really simple. I thought it is complicated. Thank you, rekd and psychomill.

You're welcome.

You can also transform/mirror etc the toolpaths themselves without having to mess with the geometry. But that's a topic for another day.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

But that's a topic for another day.
    Ain't it always Rekd????

:cheers:
    It's just a part..... cutter still goes round and round....