587,087 active members*
2,969 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

mazak t32-2 lathe scared to reinitialize.

I have a 1991 mazak lathe t32-2 control. Machine was running fine on friday come in on monday and machine is not running the way it was. first let me explain my set up, running 3 programs link together 1st prog. facing and center drill, 2nd prog. tail stock activated 1st O.D. roughing tool comes out and starts turning. problem is whatever nose radius I have listed in my tool data the tool rapids into the side of the part on the minus side of z-0. My parameter for end face clearance is set at .03 U5 para. Its like it is not recognizing the parameter but only on my turning tools with radius. Any ideas or suggestions. I have erased my tool data and program files using -9999 and still no luck. Mazak and Mitsubishi are both stumped so I am hoping you guys may be of help. I am a newbie to the forum but I have 23 years of experience on mazak from t2 to t+ controls. oh and BTW we only have one shift so no one else would have messed with any parameters.

I've learned that when "strange" things start happening, it's time to initialize.
    T32 systems are one of the easiest to do because the parameters are on the EEPROM.

Make sure you save the current parameters to the EEPROM first to ensure that what's on there is current.

Mazak has a good service bulletin on initializing this system.

reinitialize

yeah i have the service bulletin on doing it and we also have the micro-disk, but I have never done it in the 23 years Ive been here. tried everything else so I guess I will have to. thanks for your thoughts.

Before Reinit, try typing over the one parameters that seems to be affected or every parameter you have and power off and on. You may even re-burn the EEPROM also before power off and on. This may help you. Ran into a problem once or twice on the Mitsubishi 300 series where the parameter was set, but seemed to be floating. Once I typed over the paramter the machine ran fine.

Regards,

Chippy

I tried changing the parameters that had anything to do with it but no luck. For some reason its only off on the O.D. tools with a nose radius, all other tools are right on the end clearance. I'm not sure what you mean about re burn the eeprom.

this one seemed like an odd problem and was just curious if you could give us an update just in case someone else has the same problem in the future. i think reinitializing is a good idea, but understand is something you usually dont want to do to a running machine.

I reinitialized still not right. We have a old mill with m-2 control And it has an arithmetic card that went out years ago. I asked Harry at mazak if the t32/2 control had one but they said they are stumped on this one. Never really answered my question about having a card like that. While it is running it's not right I have to tell it that the nose rad. For the tool is 0. The machine is Mazatrol no eia option. When I figure it out I will post for others I actualy have mazak calling me wanting to know also because they said they have never seen anything like this either.