587,669 active members*
3,501 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazak M32-Parity H Error

Hey guys. I have done some searching on the forum and will continue to search but I really need to fix this. Our shop recently bought mastercam and I am having some trouble communicating with our mazak m32 control. All parameters are matched and I can send programs from the control to the pc with no problem but reversing that is a whole different story. I get either a 556 Parity H Error or a 'change paper type' error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Okay the main error is the infamous 551 change paper type. I can send gcode programs to the computer fine everytime but sending them back I get this error no matter what I change. I have checked the cable and everything seems fine. Any ideas?

M32 communication

We had this prob years ago. Mazatrol as I recall counts parity as a data bit therefore you need to have 8 data bits set on your PC and 7 in the M32 parameters. Ask your Mazak service guy he has the page in his service manual.

You would never guess to do this yourself because it seems wrong but trust me.

Yes, the Mazaks do need different settings for communication, for example:

8,None, 1 at CNC and then 7, 2, Even at the PC.
    Try that and if does not work, give me a call and I will locate the documentation we have.
    Greg Mercurio -Shop Floor Automations
    www.shopfloorautomations.com /619-461-4000

Quote Originally Posted by compuslave View Post
    Okay the main error is the infamous 551 change paper type. I can send gcode programs to the computer fine everytime but sending them back I get this error no matter what I change. I have checked the cable and everything seems fine. Any ideas?
    Yes that is an infamous error when the settings are incorrect. What system are you using to transfer the Gcode programs through?

We have a Multi-DNC system to do our transferring, and it has settings in it that caused the Mazaks to give the errors.

Or did you fix the problem already??