586,060 active members*
4,228 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam X to X8

Mastercam X to X8

Hey, guys. Quick (maybe easy) question...

Moving from Mastercam X to X8. Would love to keep all my tools, tool settings, and pretty much seamlessly move from programming in X one minute, and go to X8 and be as painless as possible.

I just started CNC back in July. My friend hired me into his shop and is teaching me from the ground up. I have almost 20 years of experience in computers, but zero in CNC until he hired me. I've learned a lot, but I'm definitely still a newb. I was hired to learn, but also be the tech-guy and help migrate everything. I'd just like a bit of guidance in doing so.

Suggestions?

Re: Mastercam X to X8

Moving the tools and posts from Mastercam X that released in 2004 to X8 that has moved forward in allot of ways is not easy, the tools I know can be done. before I did the posts I would look at what machine and see if there is a post all ready there and updated for example if the machine is a Haas machine use the exiting post.PS you will have allot to learn but welcome to a new trade.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .