586,068 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > MadCam Toolbar

MadCam Toolbar

I installed the newest version of MadCam and Rhino 5.0 to get the current Post processor for my Camaster CNC. The one I had did not work correctly with WinCNC. Everything went smooth with the install. I have all the MadCam commands from the command line but for the life of me I can not get the MadCam Toolbar to show up in Rhino. It is a pain to keep loading from the command line when I know the icons better. I have read the MadCam help file and followed the instructions many times but no luck. Keeps telling me the toolbar is already loaded. If I use the file/ open to load the toolbar all I get is a smiley face icon.
    Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Re: MadCam Toolbar

Go to the menu Tools->Options.. and then Rhino Options->Toolbars.
    Do you have a madCAM menu specified there? You should have at least default and madCAM.

If not, right click under default and choose new. Select the file found under C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\5XCNC\madCAM\5.0\UI\madCAM.rui and hit OK.
    Please note that the folder AppData is hidden but if you specify it manually it will work.
    If you don't have that file there was probably an issue with admin rights that caused the installation to fail.

No luck. It just puts a smiley icon on rhino screen. No toolbar icons. I uninstalled Rhino 5 and MadCam 5 and re-installed both. When I started Rhino it said it found MadCam plugin. When I follow your instructions default & madcam do appear. When I click on Madcam and select it then click install it says that Madcam.rui is already installed. If I click on new & go to
    C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\5XCNC\madCAM\5.0\UI\madCAM.rui and click OK it just puts that smiley icon on Rhino Not sure what else to try.

I was hoping Joakim would see this and post a solution.

There has to be someone that is using the latest versions of MadCam & Rhino that can be of help. It's not a rare combination. Probably something dumb on my part.

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcef View Post
    When I follow your instructions default & madcam do appear. When I click on Madcam and select it then click install it says that Madcam.rui is already installed.
    What do you mean "click install"? If you have a madCAM entry shown as an existing toolbar you should be able to just pick the checkbox below to show toolbars.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toolbar.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	249700

If you have an install option available, I have a feeling you are in the wrong spot.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Dan I was trying to remove MadCam from the list and reloading it. I am in the right spot and when I pick the check box below no list of icons appears. If I then click OK I get a smiley icon. Are you using the newest versions of Rhino & Madcam? I had the icons before I upgraded. The post processor was not working correctly for WINCNC in the older version.

When you reinstall you have to delete the hidden appdata folder as well to make sure it's a clean setup. Delete both the MadCAM and the Rhino folders.

OK will try that next. Thanks for the replies.

Well thanks to Joakim the issue is resolved. He e-mailed me a copy of madcam.rui file then called me long distance and walked me thru. He had me save it to my username/documents directory where I can easily find it.
    Viola in less than 2 minutes all was well. I thank I was loading the file from a older version of MadCam. Got rid of all the other madCam.rui files. Now that's customer service at it's finest.
    Thank you again Joekim.

Glad to hear it's resolved.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks Dan

I had the same smiley problem exactly as described by Bobcef (I use Windows 7 x64). Had to delete that 5XCNC folder each time before upgrading. One time it lost all the cutters and post folders. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by svenakela View Post
    Go to the menu Tools->Options.. and then Rhino Options->Toolbars.
    Do you have a madCAM menu specified there? You should have at least default and madCAM.

If not, right click under default and choose new. Select the file found under C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\5XCNC\madCAM\5.0\UI\madCAM.rui and hit OK.
    Please note that the folder AppData is hidden but if you specify it manually it will work.
    If you don't have that file there was probably an issue with admin rights that caused the installation to fail.

Don't know why there is such a convoluted path. I moved my file to my documents directory where I can easily find it.

How did you move those default locations (I assume after install)? I did not find anything in the options.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcef View Post
    Don't know why there is such a convoluted path. I moved my file to my documents directory where I can easily find it.

Yes long after install.

Thx. For those interested it's through the MadCAM options not the Rhino options.