587,096 active members*
6,880 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Mad scientist tyep laugh <Mu-wha-hahahahahahaha >

Mad scientist tyep laugh <Mu-wha-hahahahahahaha >

OMG no sparks, no fires, no melted parts? I powered up the Lathemaster mill tonight to test a crap load of wiring work. First the main panel, 120vac to a relay, power on button, e-stop button, power on light, a couple DC power supplies, cooling fans, etc. all worked but thats small potatoes, it was the 240vac that had me shaking in my boots.

A 240vac relay, some computer 5vdc, and a mother of a forward/reverse switch. Well I cleared a path to run and flipped the big breaker, nice and quiet, cool. Hit the power on button, then turned the spindal on/off button on hoping I would not see sparks or melt something (yes I had a flashlight on and ready lol) whoa the mill started right up, VERY COOL, my first 120 to 240 conversion.

At this point everything is installed, tomorrow night I'll wire up the servo's, limit switches, and encoders and should be ready to run a test program this weekend. Man its been a long frustrating haul but this cnc stuff got fun again tonight.

For those who saw my cnc kit saga message, here's a positive note, the kit manufacturer sent me wiring diagrams some weeks ago, without them I would have been lost and their design worked on the first try.

Well done Met pics please??