587,513 active members*
2,876 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

machine to manual torch

I bought a used hand held torch quite awhile ago and who ever had it before modified the wires for cnc cutting, now i have a guy rewiring it to function as a hand held again. My 1250 is set up with a machine torch on my Dynatorch table but i want to be able to unplug that and plug the hand held in for free hand cutting so my qusetion is once i unplug the machine torch and plug in the hand held is there anything else that needs switched over?

Thanks
    EDD

As long as the torch wiring is back to the factory specs....it will work as soon as you plug it in. Let me know if you have any issues!

Jim Colt

Quote Originally Posted by jimcolt View Post
    As long as the torch wiring is back to the factory specs....it will work as soon as you plug it in. Let me know if you have any issues!

Jim Colt
    How do I connect relay from mach3 system to cnc interface???

The rear panel of your Powermax1250 has a CPC (circular plastic connector)....it is for interface connections to the cnc control when a machine torch is being used. Pins 3 and 4 on this CPC are the plasma start connections. When pins 3 and 4 are shorted together...the machine torch will fire.....assuming air pressure, input power and consumable parts are all set up correctly.

As far as the exact connections to your relay and Mach 3.....I am unfamiliar with your system......you should probably consult with the company you purchased it from for details regarding the interface.

The Powermax1250 manual has a section regarding the electrical interface connections for use with a machine torch.

Jim Colt Hypertherm