587,466 active members*
3,118 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach Locks Up

I have just recently updated to the newest version of Mach3. I am using a Siig jj-p00112-s6 parallel port card and a plain ole winford breakout board.

When I use the built in parallel port, I am unable to get Mach3 to run the motors and everything else by just setting it up as it should be through Mach3Mill profile. IE pins 2-7 for motors, etc. When I do that nothing happens. The motors dont move and the limits wont work, etc. If I install a different profile from my old breakout board everything will work except my limit switches.

To get them to work, I need to use the siig parallel port card. Now the problem is, when I reinstalled mach3 and reinstalled the CandCNC profile, mach3 will lock up when I try to use the siig breakout board. It will lock up immediately after I change the port address. The port address I am inputting is 0x007. If I go back to using the built in parallel port, address 378, the motors work fine, but my optical limits wont work at all. I know the limits work because I can check them using a voltmeter, but when plugged in to the port, mach cant see them when they trip. So, per the recommendation from the limit manufacturer, I use the Siig card. But now, after the reinstall, when I try use the card port address, mach, and the whole computer, lock up.

So any suggestions. I have purchased a new siig card just in case that was the problem but that will be a week till it gets here.

Try using 0007, don't type the "x".
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Tried it and nothing. Still locks up. If i just use the Mach3Mill profile and not the CandCNC profile, it will take the siig port address but nothing happens. No input or output. Thank you though