587,383 active members*
3,245 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > M.C.X. X Form Problems

M.C.X. X Form Problems

When ever I try to do a X Form translate, move etc. the part that is moved is not positioned as a solid.

When working with a solid it transforms the part to a "pink colored" wire frame part.

What am I doing wrong that it is not completing the move? I am trying to move the part not copy.

The first thing you will need to know is what the "pink" color is for.

This is called the Xform Result Color. This can be deactivated in the configuration. Mastercam keeps track of the "result" of an Xform operation whether you use the result COLORS or not.

This can be helpful if for example you wanted to Xform Translate Copy a bunch of entities and then change the level of all RESULTing entities...

Now to the rest of your problem... Do you have the "solids" add-on ? You will need this to use Xform functions on a solid. I suspect you have a solid AND some wireframe entities in your file. When you try to xform it, Mastercam is only moving the wireframe entities because of your current license.

If you do not have solids I would recommend you spend some time learning about the WCS (work coordinate system). This basically allows you to set a completely new Origin at any location and/or orientation. Therefore you can avoid moving the parts by bringing the drawing origin to the part.

This is a smart way to work because it can save time in the future. If you import a part and Xform it from the original location and then are given a modified part to use instead, you'll have to translate it as well.

We all know how customers tend to make changes at the last minute...

If, instead, you take whatever model you are given and use it in it's original location (with WCS), when the replacement part comes in you don't have to move it around... Just import and get to work.

Which version of Mastercam X are you using the first one or a MR1 or MR2 or even X2 or X2 MR1?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .