586,042 active members*
3,850 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > LT-200-MY door interlock problem

LT-200-MY door interlock problem

Hi, I need some information on the door interlock. I have a machine at work that will not release the door. At power up it should be open but it is not getting power from the controller.I have 24VDC on the N24B-1 and P24-5 wires (located in the interlock device) to operate the switch but across the P24-5 and BT201-6 wires I have 0.00VDC that operate the coil to release the door it wont send back a voltage to release the door. The door remains locked even with the machine in manual mode. Is this a problem with the controller? Does anyone know if I can get the schematics for this?
    Has anyone seen this problem?

Thanks,

Re: LT-200-MY door interlock problem

The door interlock needs 24 volts to unlock the door. If you have power to the switch from the machine outputs and the door still won't unlock then the switch may be bad. There machines usually come with a override key to unlock the interlock. The switch schematics can usually be found on the internet pretty easily.

Re: LT-200-MY door interlock problem

note you will NOT find schematics for the machine nor the interlock circuit anywhere but your electrical circuit wiring diagrams manual will have a basic wiring layout (assuming you have the electrical diagrams manual)
    you can check the switch. open the interlock mechanism and using a multimeter check the voltage across the switch terminals when manually activating the switch. you should see on/off voltage as you manually activate the switch and voltage at the solenoid when the switch is closed. if you do then the switch or the solenoid is faulty. if you don't then whatever provides voltage to the switch is faulty. in that case trace your wiring back to the source.