587,842 active members*
3,390 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: lost my mesh

lost my mesh

i am working on a file that has a couple of .stl files converted to polygonal mesh. everything was fine and i got it all programmed initialy, but now i can't see or select one of the meshes. everything is on it's own level so i can turn all the level but the one with this mesh on it off, and it shows up on the screen statistics, so i know it's there.

it's not hidden as far as i can tell, but i've tried just hitting the hide button, which is supposed to unhide any hidden entities, and i've tried hitting the unhide some function using select all. no dice

i've tried hitting select all then attributes to change the color of the mesh in case i accidentally changed it to the same as my background color. no dice

now i've made a change on one of the tools used on that geometry. it went dirty and won't re-gen.

anyone had this problem before?
    any ideas?

unfortunately, i can't post this file, and i imagine that if i could replicate the problem in a file i could post i would then be able to solve this problem.

thanks for any help.

what version? I have had this happen to me and I had the screen acceleration set to full
    turn that down and this may help. I have also eported an STL for verification and I could not get rid of the mesh on the screen, screen statistics showed nothing there but could not delete the mesh. this happened in x3mu1
    Steve
    www.cad2cam.net
    www.cad2cam.net
    Programmer/ Certified Cam Instructor

i'm using x4, but with no service packs so i suppose this could be an x4 type thing.
    i currently have my graphics acceleration turned off because the pc i use for this stuff sort of has seizures when it's turned on.
    thanks for taking a look