587,513 active members*
2,835 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > Looking for Mentor in Indianapolis area.

Looking for Mentor in Indianapolis area.

I am quite new to CNC and I really am fascinated by machinery. My background is in electronics but I have worked with automation equipment and controls for 28 years. The facility I work at have a complete fabrication shop which I can work in to fabricate my own parts.

I really would like to Build my own machine someday (router / plasma), but I would rather have the opportunity to work with someone that has experience before just jumping into it. I am interested in plasma cutting and wood routing (mostly wood routing).

I would be willing to work in a facility, on a volunteer basis if necessary, to learn about all aspects of CNC.

Thanks in advance,
    Dan

Dan
    I live in Russiaville near Kokomo and have built a cnc router this last Spring and have been using it regularly ever since. There a a few of us in this area but my son lives in Zionsville and has a friend in Indy who is building a router table and knows of others in the area. If we are not supposed to post personal information on this site, I don't know how to get the information to you as I have only used this site a few times. I to worked as an electrician in the electronics industry for 26 years and taught electrical apprenticeship classes for Chrysler and Haynes in Kokomo on the side. I am now retired and having fun with my machine and learning new software.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Peters View Post
    I don't know how to get the information to you as I have only used this site a few times.
    You could send a private message.

To do that, click on the users name (below date that is just above) then click on send private message.

Thanks for the suggestion. I found that out a little earlier and set a private message to him. Thanks again for looking out for us newbies.
    Tom