586,031 active members*
2,904 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > License Transfer - Online?

Question License Transfer - Online?

Hey Bobcad Group;
    I just purchased a new dell laptop I7 and want to txfer my ver 26 license from my home desktop to the laptop. Do I have to contact tech support on the phone or can I deauthorize on one computer and re-activate online? I have my desktop at home so I can only try to contact bobcad after work and of course I get the canned sales pitch (recording) followed by the all famous "all of our technicians are busy leave phone number and we'll call you back". Well after an hour on the phone yesterday and many calls, no joy!!!!! I would imagine when they finally call (and they will because I have not upgraded to 27 yet), anyway I'll most likely be at work away from my desktop.
    If this can be done without the help of technical support, it would really help me out.
    Can all of this be done online using the existing buttons in the ver 26 help button??????
    Thanks for the assistance.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Re: License Transfer - Online?

yes you will need to contact them ...it will not take to long foe them to fix you up.
    Big Chipin, spreading tha cheese, I be Big Chipin for days!

I think you can do it thru the sales desk phone number, but just go to registration.

You should be able to use email also. Just send the license id and request to deauthorize. I'm not sure the best address to use.

Thanks Folks!
    I received a call from Tech Support and they discussed my options for online registration. Seems I need to de-authorize the desktop, send them the codes and license number and they will de-authorize it in their system. I can then register he new laptop with the freed up seat.
    I'll let you know how it works.
    Oh yeah, I want to emphasize that I'm not bad mouthing their support or software. I've had versions 21, 23, 24, 25 and am now on 26. Guess I'm one of those that thinks it a pretty good deal!
    Thanks again.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)